move license from one computer to another?

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I plan to buy a Blue Iris license key. Can I move this from one computer to another as long as I only keep it on one computer at my house? I build/rebuild computers all the time and might change the hardware of where this software stays.

Chad

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) Blue Iris Options > About > Export Settings (on the old computer)

2) Blue Iris Options > About > "Deactivate" (on the old computer)

3) Install BI on the new computer

4) Enter your Blue Iris License Key to activate Blue Iris(on the new computer)

5) Blue Iris Options > About > "Inport v4 .reg" (on the new computer)

poieujh

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a BI license. My computer died today. How do I deactivate the license on the dead computer?

poieujh

n3wb
Reaction score
OK thanks! I thought that there might be some issue, if the software was not deactivated first.

phy6

n3wb
Reaction score
If a machine dies, can we call or email somewhere to deactivate our old install?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If a machine dies, can we call or email somewhere to deactivate our old install?
you will be able to use the key...deactivation is used to prevent issues when reinstalling multiple times....there is a support email as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes but support is only for reset for blue iris v4 if you have blue iris v3 you cant.. and that is bad.. blueiris forces you to upgrade if you want or not
yes its terrible that he is not supporting a 4 year old product. The upgrade is 30 dollars and includes significant feature and security updates. Skip a few coffees.

PeteCress

n3wb
Reaction score
1) Blue Iris Options > About > Export Settings (on the old computer)

2) Blue Iris Options > About > "Deactivate" (on the old computer)

3) Install BI on the new computer

4) Enter your Blue Iris License Key to activate Blue Iris(on the new computer)

5) Blue Iris Options > About > "Inport v4 .reg" (on the new computer)
How tolerant is BI of multiple iterations of that process?

I am building up a new server to replace an old one and it would be convenient to flip the license back-and-forth a few times during testing of the new box - my assumption being that the web page presentation is disabled when BI is running in Demo Mode.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How tolerant is BI of multiple iterations of that process?

I am building up a new server to replace an old one and it would be convenient to flip the license back-and-forth a few times during testing of the new box - my assumption being that the web page presentation is disabled when BI is running in Demo Mode.
you will likely have an issue...webserver works...direct to disc and ha maybe not..