MoveFile 2: Clip move error/issue --- Exclamation! in yellow circle

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't even find this file and perhaps that's the problem...Blue Iris can't find it either but the question is, why is BI trying to move a non-existent file. Perhaps I deleted it one time but I've Repaired/Regenerated the database a few times without resolution. Can someone throw me a bone to help me figure out the source of the problem?

I tried to Google the issue but didn't find a solution and I did note that somewhere in long past BI release notes something similar was fixed.

I know this is happening every 5 minutes...i.e. it's the file move tasker that running on BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't even find this file and perhaps that's the problem...Blue Iris can't find it either but the question is, why is BI trying to move a non-existent file. Perhaps I deleted it one time but I've Repaired/Regenerated the database a few times without resolution. Can someone throw me a bone to help me figure out the source of the problem?

I tried to Google the issue but didn't find a solution and I did note that somewhere in long past BI release notes something similar was fixed.

I know this is happening every 5 minutes...i.e. it's the file move tasker that running on BI.

delete the entire db folder and restart blue iris.

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thought I'd add my query to this thread as its rather similar rather than start another,....

Am seeing the following in the status logs.

Seems like BI can't file the alert image when it's time for it to move it off to the 'stored alert' folder as the dates seem to line up, i.e. am only keep alerts for 7 days before moving them. And at the moment 1 day for clips before moving them off.

upload_2019-9-22_1-4-13.png

If I delete the DB folder, like suggested above, will that mean I lose the recordings and alerts that have been moved out of 'New' and 'Alerts' folder (as part of Ageing,.. they're moved of to another disk) ? Or will it re-index and sort itself out ?

If there is no choice but to remove the DB folder,.. is there a way to determine why this happened and what can be done to prevent it happening again ?

Was running v5.0.2.6 x64,.. have just upgraded to v5.0.4.2.

Jim.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I'd add my query to this thread as its rather similar rather than start another,....

Am seeing the following in the status logs.

Seems like BI can't file the alert image when it's time for it to move it off to the 'stored alert' folder as the dates seem to line up, i.e. am only keep alerts for 7 days before moving them. And at the moment 1 day for clips before moving them off.

View attachment 47630

If I delete the DB folder, like suggested above, will that mean I lose the recordings and alerts that have been moved out of 'New' and 'Alerts' folder (as part of Ageing,.. they're moved of to another disk) ? Or will it re-index and sort itself out ?

If there is no choice but to remove the DB folder,.. is there a way to determine why this happened and what can be done to prevent it happening again ?

Was running v5.0.2.6 x64,.. have just upgraded to v5.0.4.2.

Jim.....
You will not lose any footage. You should also have no files in the alert folder unless you specifically set BI to save high res alert images in the record tab which is a waste of space

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will delete DB shortly,... this is what the record tab for the cams all look like, are you referring to the marked section ? Should I be unchecking the box in there ?

upload_2019-9-22_1-42-34.png

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This area then,.. leave them both unchecked ?
upload_2019-9-22_23-21-12.png

Help file says:
upload_2019-9-22_23-24-51.png
Does that mean that files will only drop into the 'alerts' folder when 'Store alert images as hi-res files' is checked ? So if its not checked nothing should go into 'C:\BlueIris\Alerts' ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the same problem. If I delete the whole dB folder, what do I lose?
I think the answer is that you don't lose anything but the headache of the error messages....you just need to restart it so it can rebuild the folder. BTW, since I originally posted this problem on my system I continue to get the error messages so I kind of gave up and just delete the folder every now and then. I'd like to know what causes this problem to begin with.