MoveFile Error help

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm having trouble trying to figure what I need to modify in my setting to get rid of this error. Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshot (4).png

Reaction score
For anyone to answer your question, you will need to provide more info. A screen shot of the Settings/Clips and archiving tab for the Alerts folder would help. Also the Clip storage tab of the Status popup.

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
looks like the path is to a jpg file not a mov file

Reaction score
So why are you moving your Alerts snapshots, that are stored on the 'D' drive, to the Stored folder on the same 'D' drive? That makes no sense. The whole purpose of doing a move is to free up disk space.

Personally, I see no reason to do a move. I just set it to delete when space is needed. Move needlessly ties up resources. Unless you have them moved to some other disk not on your BI server, like a NAS, why bother? What are you gaining?

I use New for video files only. That disk is only for video from BI. Nothing else. I do not use Stored for anything. It is allocating minimal space on an separate drive just to make BI happy. My Alerts are on an SSD drive. Everything is set to delete when space needed, not by clip age.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So why are you moving your Alerts snapshots, that are stored on the 'D' drive, to the Stored folder on the same 'D' drive? That makes no sense. The whole purpose of doing a move is to free up disk space.

Personally, I see no reason to do a move. I just set it to delete when space is needed. Move needlessly ties up resources. Unless you have them moved to some other disk not on your BI server, like a NAS, why bother? What are you gaining?

I use New for video files only. That disk is only for video from BI. Nothing else. I do not use Stored for anything. It is allocating minimal space on an separate drive just to make BI happy. My Alerts are on an SSD drive. Everything is set to delete when space needed, not by clip age.
I made that setting a long time ago when I first set BI up and forgot about it. It can be easily set back but are you implying that is creating the error?

Reaction score
are you implying that is creating the error
I do not know. I had expected to see an overallocation on the drive. But that does not appear to be the case. I do not know everything about BI. But I do know that if you were not attempting to move the file, you would not have an error. What is happening in your Alerts folder? Is the file still there?

If you really want to do the move, have the Stored folder on a different drive and see if that still gives you the error. Or allocate space on a different drive for another folder, say Aux1, and have the move go to that folder instead of Stored.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do not know. I had expected to see an overallocation on the drive. But that does not appear to be the case. I do not know everything about BI. But I do know that if you were not attempting to move the file, you would not have an error. What is happening in your Alerts folder? Is the file still there?

If you really want to do the move, have the Stored folder on a different drive and see if that still gives you the error. Or allocate space on a different drive for another folder, say Aux1, and have the move go to that folder instead of Stored.
When looking at the error log it is a .JPG which I'm assuming its a picture/image.