Moving after all the fun car checking and the ATM robbery need help deciding on new cam/PTZ

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So we are moving this week/weekend not far but hopefully better location not as much traffic and more housing and commercial shops. Only issue now is parking and may at times have to park across the street. So looking at a varifocal bullet or PTZ but leaning towards PTZ as would be easier to adjust depending on where we have to park.
Will keep a 5224 as an overall view. Don't have to have auto tracking although nice to have but could setup crossing points to activate. I'm awaiting a reply from Andy as to what is in-stock. I have looked at the SD-49225XA-HNR 2MP, newer 5A425XA-HNR, and SD6CE445XA-HNR. I know I don't need 4mp over 2mp per say but I'm getting used 4mp and only have 4mp and 8mp currently.

Farthest would be no more the like 150ft. Will most likely mount in back patio on a pole or 2/4.

New Apt.JPG

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My advice owning one of the 4MP 6 series with 1/2.8 sensor is to go with the 5A425XA-HNR with the 1/1.8 sensor if you're going with 4MP. The 1/2.8 sensor just isnt paired well with 4MP though it does fine with 2MP,

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For the money the 49225 is hard to beat.

Unless it will have a ton of light, stay with the 2MP. Once you dial in the shutter and what not, out at distance you will want as much light hitting that sensor as possible.

But if you want to spend the extra money, go with the 1/1.8 sensor and 4MP as opposed to the 4MP on the 1/2.8 sensor.

Whatever you get, you will want autotrack!

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well I had the extra and went with the 5A425XA-HNR, I had the 49225 late 2019 when they first came out, but sold it when I moved and wish I hadn't. So just wondering if there is that much difference in the two interfaces and AI.
Will test tonight to make sure all is well, but won't be up and running until late this weekend or next week. Thanks again @EMPIRETECANDY

IMG_3860.jpg