Moving to a new machine

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking to trial a move to a new machine but I am concerned that when i have imported the registry settings that clips will be deleted or moved etc because.

Is there a way to start BI to make sure all is working okay but prevent it from moving and or deleting files?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking to trial a move to a new machine but I am concerned that when i have imported the registry settings that clips will be deleted or moved etc because.

Is there a way to start BI to make sure all is working okay but prevent it from moving and or deleting files?
Keep a copy of the clips on the old machine...

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep a copy of the clips on the old machine...
But what happens to all the clips on network storage? I am just concerned that when I start up the new installation and set up a different storage capacity for the NEW folder, it might delete clips automatically on network storage.

Out of interest, when does BI move clips; it is once per 24 hrs?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But what happens to all the clips on network storage? I am just concerned that when I start up the new installation and set up a different storage capacity for the NEW folder, it might delete clips automatically on network storage.

Out of interest, when does BI move clips; it is once per 24 hrs?
your new machine wont be set to look for the network storage until you set it to...then you can set the capacity before setting the location..movement occurs every few minuets depending on settings and capacity.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
your new machine wont be set to look for the network storage until you set it to...then you can set the capacity before setting the location..movement occurs every few minuets depending on settings and capacity.
Not even if I import the registry files; won't this contain network settings?