MTD HACK made easy on Video

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I keep getting loads of requests and PM's on how to do the MTD hack I thought i would video it being done.

It's a simple process of lowering the 02 to 01 and changing the date by one.

Yes your date maybe different.

yes your checksum maybe different,
Just make sure it's is the same value after you have edited, as it was before you edited it.

Keep a copy of your original files just in case.

NOTE: IF YOUR CAMERA WAS 5.25 OR 5.28 YOU CAN'T UPGRADE ANY FURTHER SO DON'T. (on your camera sticker).

any lower than 5.25 your can now upgrade with US/ML firmware.

don't forget the thanks button.

Last edited:

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this and all other work. Very helpfull

dgonzalezO4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
WHOSLOOKING IS THE MAN!! Used the video to change my chinese only Hikvision 5.2.1/DS-2CD3942F-I into english.
THANK YOU

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Easier to see than read, that's why movies are more fun than books, but less knowledge lol!

Reaction score
What is the username and password on the NAS storage? I don't have a password on my pc. I'm stuck here. I didn't have a cam folder, so I made one and followed you.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You'll have to setup another user account (make it an admin) and give it a password, swap accounts share a folder in the new account.

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can i use this tuto for my DS 2CD2145F IS 5.3.5 150925 chinese firmware ?

Thanks

Sadrik

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tried this out after I had updated to US 5.3 and then lost web interface... awesomeness! Had to use the 5.2.5 Easy Button TFTP to revert back to all Chinese, then setup TFTP and Shared folder on my PC to copy out those 2 files and then Hex Edit them - video was perfect, helped a ton. Now I have Full English!

Bought mine from newegg vendor and first one I got was Chinese/Multilanguage until I updated - same vendor a couple weeks later when I bought second cam shipped US version. GRR! This was over a year ago now so only recently updated and broke since moving to an NVR. Thank you so much!

Reaction score
Hi whoslooking - it seems you are THE expert here - thank you for your volunteering! I am new here - I've recently purchased two HIKVISION cameras:
1. DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W (V5.3.8 english language); and
2. DS-2DE3304W-DE (V5.3.10 chinese language)
Before knowing all these chinese/language issues on IPCamTalk - I've upgraded the first one to V5.3.9 and I ended up not being able to login to it anymore because of 'firmware language mismatch' error. What can I do to get the english language on both? Can I donwgrade both or any to 5.2.5 (having in mind they both have versions newer than 5.3.0)?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Haha . this will never end. I srsly have great respect for those forummers, who keep answering the questions and trying to help. Big respect!!

bingobongo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have two ipc ds-2cd2032-I with preinstalled firmware 3.2.5 Multi language, purchased on Aliexpress, unfortunately I have updated a not knowing the problems that could arise. Obviously the result was the complete closure of my camera! after three days I look for a solution I was able to make her leave with fw 525 chinese and made the change of "IEfile.tar.gz" but even that did not help me because my nvr DS-7604NI-SE / P did not recognize the language supported .. I'm desperate: :! mask I updated now with 5.30 Downgrader https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English following the guidance of whoslooking the camera was updated with the English language but on my nvr I have a very poor image preview, I wondered why this happens? I also wanted to know if and how you can install firmware multi language?
!!! Please help me.. Thank you all for availabilityIMG_1943.JPGI apologize for my English but I write from Italy and are also desperateI apologize for my English but I write from Italy and are also desperate

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you so much Whoslooking for this fine video explaining how to use hexeditor and putty also.
After the editing, programming and restoring to factory defaults, it still reads CCCH instead of CCWR.
Can I safely upgrade from 5.2.0 to for example 5.4.0 if I want to and it is still english/international?
Kindly - Peter

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you so much Whoslooking for this fine video explaining how to use hexeditor and putty also.
After the editing, programming and restoring to factory defaults, it still reads CCCH instead of CCWR.
Can I safely upgrade from 5.2.0 to for example 5.4.0 if I want to and it is still english/international?
Kindly - Peter
it doesn't change its serial code, but yes you can upgrade a 5.20 ipc to 5.45 safely that has the mtd hacked done.