Multi Cam alert same time one saves

Reaction score
First the weird
BI is running on Win 7 Enterprise 6 GB RAM as a Hyper-V on Server 2012 Datacenter

C_DRV = 40 Gig
D_DRV = 250 gig

Both drives are on separate server physical drives

I have 6 cameras with overlapping fields of view.
All cameras are on consecutive IP addresses in the 192.168.xxx.0 255.255.255.0
They are all Foscam FI8904P wireless connected to Umbiquiti picostations

Now the issue

cam 1 overlaps with 2 and 2 with 3 and 4 with 5 and 5 with 6 and 6 back with 1

Yes it is a quasi circle of overlap

Person walks across all cameras from 1 to 6, only 1 records the alert. the other cams do not record
Person walks across all cameras from 6 to 1, only 6 records the alert. the other cams do not record
Person walks across all cameras from 3 to 6, only 3 records the alert. the other cams do not record

It is almost like BI can only record from the first alert and not follow the person through the cameras

Any ideas?

TIA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Thor Burfine Welcome to the forum. You must have something set incorrectly...post an image of the motion AND record tab for EACH camera. Make sure object detect reject is disabled.

Reaction score
... You must have something set incorrectly
^^^ would not be the first time...

All set the same.

Cam 1

Cam 2

Cam 3

Cam 4

cam 5

Cam 6

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Thor Burfine Ok, so i see they are recording continuously...I misunderstood your issue...I take it that its not sending you the alert. Is the motion being marked on the timeline?
1) disable object detect reject..you will miss alerts with this
2) post an image of the alert tab and well as the configuration of the specific alert you are using.

Reaction score
The motion for the first triggered cam is be marked but no others are.
I can not watch the video of the other cams at that time.

It is like BI takes the triggered cam and merges all cams into that ones feed but ignores them during the trigger

I set "disable object detect reject" to false on all cams will give this a try and advise

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
since all your cameras are set to continuous you should have 24/7 recordings for all.

Reaction score
Ok it looks like the disable object detect/reject is now getting all cameras to put the alert on the timeline

I did a walk around last night, this morning and the neighbors dog at 340 this morning did one too.

Thanks for your help