Multi-channel Analog to IP video encoder that plays nice with BI?

Inphosys

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello -

In the process of installing a bunch of new Hikvision IP cameras that are recording back to a dedicated Blue Iris "server". The only problem is that I also have to replace eight (8) analog Bosch LTC 0455/21 cameras with IP cameras and unfortunately that means having the time to pull fresh Ethernet cabling to the 8 existing analog cameras so that we can mount the new IP cameras and ditch the old hardware. Another problem that just came along, the old analog DVR just went belly up and is dead, so the 2nd viewing station that only watched the analog cameras is toast too.

Can anyone suggest a multi-channel analog to IP video encoder that works well with Blue Iris and won't be extortionately expensive? I was looking at single analog BNC to Ethernet baluns, but I don't have 8 Ethernet cables where the old DVR terminates at ... I probably have two Ethernet cables back to my core network that I can spare in that area, so I'd rather look for a multi-channel option. If an 8 channel encoder is really expensive I could consider pulling more Ethernet cable to that area and use individual baluns for each camera to hold me over until I get the old analog cameras swapped out.

As always, I appreciate the assistance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello -

In the process of installing a bunch of new Hikvision IP cameras that are recording back to a dedicated Blue Iris "server". The only problem is that I also have to replace eight (8) analog Bosch LTC 0455/21 cameras with IP cameras and unfortunately that means having the time to pull fresh Ethernet cabling to the 8 existing analog cameras so that we can mount the new IP cameras and ditch the old hardware. Another problem that just came along, the old analog DVR just went belly up and is dead, so the 2nd viewing station that only watched the analog cameras is toast too.

Can anyone suggest a multi-channel analog to IP video encoder that works well with Blue Iris and won't be extortionately expensive? I was looking at single analog BNC to Ethernet baluns, but I don't have 8 Ethernet cables where the old DVR terminates at ... I probably have two Ethernet cables back to my core network that I can spare in that area, so I'd rather look for a multi-channel option. If an 8 channel encoder is really expensive I could consider pulling more Ethernet cable to that area and use individual baluns for each camera to hold me over until I get the old analog cameras swapped out.

As always, I appreciate the assistance!
The cheapest solution is an 8channel analog dvr...

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
An analog DVR works well. I have 4 of them at different locations, all coming back into my BlueIris Server.

Inphosys

n3wb
Reaction score