Multi trigger sources

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I want a single camera to be triggered by the motion detection in blue iris for it to record video and run a script which then triggers autoremote (tasker addon for my Android automation, which also involves using autoghost with a autoremote plugin on my pc) to turn my lights on. This currently works well.

I now want that same camera to be triggered by a trip wire (laser) that is connected to an esp8266 (work in progress but getting very close, just I'm away from the devices to test it). But I want this to also record and to send an email of jpeg images (have this function working in the motion trigger currently but false alarms occur occasionally so moving this to a more reliable method).

So I'm thinking it's best to have two copies of the camera, each one with its own set of triggers. But only have the trip wire one send jpegs in an email, but have it trigger the other copy to get the recording happening.

Or can I have two copies both with record? I fear that I will get two copies of the recording this way if both the motion and trip wire are triggered though.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess this weekend will be an hour of trying and experimenting then.

If anyone has any suggestions however, they will still be welcome.