Multiple Cams, IPs and direct connect

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a lorex nvr (LNR6108) and multiple cams (LNB8005) setup recently. Upon install i connected the nvr and 1 cam to test. I changed a few settings (password, motion control, etc) and then got both tinycam pro and gDMSS working. The port for the camera at install was set at port1 and the protocol was private.

When adding the cameras to the nvr, it issues IP by DHCP and both have IPs such as 10.1.1.128 etc and the IP of the nvr is 192.168.1.180. When i connect to the apps (tinycam and gMDSS) i used the nvr ip, which worked fine for the 1 cam.

When i add my 2nd cam i cannot get this to show on either of the apps. I think its because i need to use the actual cams IP and not the nvr...but when i tried to use the cam IP i cant get either of the apps (tinycam and gMDSS) to find them.

Settings:
NVR TCP/IP: ip 192.168.1.80, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.1.1, preferred dns 8.8.8.8, alt dns 8.8.4.4, dhcp enabled.
Switch settings in nvr - I have enabled the switch in settings and it shows IP of 10.1.1.1, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and default gateway of 10.1.1.1.

The next thing i did was try to add both cameras again in setup, but with port 35000 and protocol opvin (which still shows as a red x not connected). The camera supports opvin, so im not sure why it wont connect on this.

Questions:

1) Is there a way i can directly connect to the camera from PC and change settings? If so how do i do this? I have read that there is more control over the cams this way.

2) How do i connect both the apps to see the cams? The internal cam IPs dont seem to work. I dont need access over internet, as when not at home i have a vpn setup and only use the internal network.

Im fairly new to this nvr / cam scene but have been reading a lot and need some advice with the above. thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tinycampro.
Use the NVR's Ip as you have been.
Get one cam working in Tinycam, then clone that setting, and duplicate it. Then open it and change the channel number to 2.
Repeat as needed, increment the channel for each.

Tinycam does have a help section.

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks. i found the issue was that the lorex options on tinycam didnt have the RSTPoption...when i changed this to a dahua it works fine. my only concern is that the settings are not correct, because im using another make other than lorex. i will contact the guy who updates the program and let him know. cheers.