Multiple motion detection tiers?

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to set up multiple triggers with separate "tags" or something and then filter out by tags when searching through recording.
Example scenario:
I have less significant area and more significant area to watch after, so I'd like to be able to record both but then review only events happened in more significant area.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
THat sounds like a PIR sensor in one area triggering the camera in another.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Depends on the camera, but sure. With IVS I have a tripwire set for one area and a intrusion box set on another. Each records/alerts/sends email and configures independently

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are using a dahua recorder you have the smart search option, which will allow you to select in what area of the recordings you want to perform the motion detection search

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Each records/alerts/sends email and configures independently
Can you elaborate a bit?
Does it give you possibility to tag your recordings so you can easily filter them out and e.g. only see recordings triggered from specific rule? I don't see such an option in IVS settings

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I may have misunderstood. No, I dont think you can separate IVS rules from the same camera on the timeline if both are running simultaneously

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can I at least record everything but still keep the possibility to search events?