Multiple Profiles issues

rich2871

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to set up multiple profiles to be as follows:

Profile 1 - Motion detection
Profile 2 - Constant record
Profile 3 - Constant record with Alternative framerate (AKA Time Lapse)

It would be nice to be able to have complete different options for each profile , as it seems now the options (Under record tab) are universal and don't change depending on profile.

Is there some other way to set this up, or am I overlooking something?

I would also like to have multiple profiles running at the same time but I don't think that is possible right now. For example, having the constant record along with a timelapse.

thanks for any insight on this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...you can gave distinct settings for each profile when it comes to the type of recording motion vs constant etc..but certain settings like pretrigger frames combine and cut remain the same...you can just create a duplicate camera if you wish to change those settings and have that camera active during the profile...
By definition you cannot have more than one profile profile active for a specific camera at a time because otherwise settings will conflict...again, you will need to set up a duplicate camera...

rich2871

n3wb
Reaction score
Excellent Fenderman,

I did not even think about adding a second video stream to perform the tasks.

I would guess by adding a second video stream you would double the bandwidth usage (not that big a deal nowadays with the speed of wifi) but just wondering.

Thank you

I am very happy with the features of Blue Iris, I was using EvoCam for the Mac when it was working and could not find something for windows with the features that was available for the Mac until I decided to purchase Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The cloned camera does not add to bandwidth use...blue iris pulls one stream then just splits it...keep in mind, to avoid having duplicate cameras on the screen, you can make one of them hidden...its in the cameras general tab..then in the main viewing window right click and uncheck show hidden cameras..

rich2871

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, the hidden feature will be good so you only see the one stream. Learn something new every day, and with this there is alot to learn every day.