Multiple profiles question

Reaction score
I have purchased BI a while ago and was never able to set it up the way I want.

Basically I have 8 cameras – 5 outside and 3 inside. The way I want them working is all of them to record 24/7 based on motion and 3 of them (the inside ones) to record and send email with an image when there is motion during night hours.

What I tried so far is setup 2 profiles – 1 to record on motion and the other one is send email when motion and active during night time but it turns out I can have only 1 profile enabled at one time and the cameras were not recording during night time, three of them were just sending emails. Please help.

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are multiple ways to do what you want. One method would be to give each camera it's own schedule. You can select "Override global schedule for this camera" and set a different schedule for each camera, with different profiles at different times in the schedule.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is very basic and simply to do, you are over thinking it.
Setup two profiles..then enter the parameters you want for each camera during that profile.

Reaction score
Probably over thinking it...I don't know. I will try the global override option. Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
fenderman, i don't understand what you mean by enter the parameters i want for each camera...
Once again i want just 3 cameras to send an email and all of them record during night time.
Maybe it is too late and my brain is frozen.
Thanks for the replies

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman, i don't understand what you mean by enter the parameters i want for each camera...
Once again i want just 3 cameras to send an email and all of them record during night time.
Maybe it is too late and my brain is frozen.
Thanks for the replies
If you want all cameras to record 24/7 but only have 3 indoor cams send emails at night.
Create two profiles, day/night.
Set them EXACTLY the same. EXCEPT for the 3 indoor cameras, in the alert tab, select the night profile and chose email alerts..easy.