IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

My Dahua SD6C225U-HNI camera

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

first of all thanks for al the information on this forum.

I'm Jeroen from the Netherlands and I'm ready to order my first ip camera.

I did some filtering on the Dahua cameras and there are 3 cameras left:
SD49212T-HN
SD49225T-HN
SD6C225U-HNI

Price / Looks
The price difference between the first two is 100euro, and another 60euro between the last two.
I like the looks (design) of the SD6C225U-HNI more than the black face cameras.

Mounting
The camera will be corner mounted to toggle between my front door, drive way and garden.
My girlfriend only wants to hang up one camera
I can create a connection through the wall at two heights/rooms.
1. On the first floor (bedroom) at an altitude of +/- 3 meters.
2. On the second floor (Office / Fitness room) at an altitude of +/- 6.5 meters.
What height is better?
For the mount, do I really need PFB303W or PFB310 to use the PFA151 or are there alternative corner mount brands? Are the default mounts to short?

Zoom / Auto Tracking
I don't really need the zoom but I live on the edge of a residential area and like the idea that I can see a car at the end of the street,
I also like the auto track option on the pro line camera, If I understood correctly, I can interrupt a preset routine here and follow an object.
If the object is out of the picture, the routine goes on.
Is it bad for these cameras to almost continuouly move around?

Any tips for my situation? If needed I can upload pictures, thanks.

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lol, I realize that I've already made my choice :D
What about the other questions ;)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lol, I realize that I've already made my choice :D
What about the other questions ;)
I'm new to this and still learning, reading a lot here, this is what I recall so far:

1) Auto-tracking - not perfect, some issues. Nayr wrote a good bit on his experiences and using various alarm triggers to realign the camera.
( This is what @nayr had to share with us from his experience:
"all software based auto tracking Ive seen is pretty much a gimmic, prepare to be disappointed.
I use physical sensors and an external controller to do autotracking, .. ."
you can read more here: Advice on Auto tracking, PTZ, IP, POE camera.
and do take a look at the various reviews he and others have done on the PTZ cameras )

2) These PTZs are rather large, and heavy thus they will need good strong support, and thus why it will be harder to find longer "arms" to support it as there will be more torque on the support and wall to support arm connection. Hence why we see shorter arms.

3) If you want to ID people, you'll need a good face shot - for most cases this means placing the cameras 8 feet ( or about 2.5M ) OR lower as well as about 100ppf ( or about 330 pixel per meter )
Naturally with a super zoom you can mount the camera higher and ID people far away, but then for those closer to the camera the angle maybe too high to get a good face shot. [ btw I am being loose on my meter and foot conversions ]

4) I would really like to get a mini version of these PTZs.

Hope this is helpful. Definitely checkout some of the other threads associated with the cameras you are looking at - the folks on those threads should have better and more direct answers.

BTW - here are a couple of threads I have been looking at:
I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.
Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

Last edited:

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Mat200,

Thanks again for all the effort.
The last link is the one that brought me to this website/forum :D
I did not want to interrupt the ongoing topic without first "introduce" myself.

1) On youtube I saw lots of videos that show the failing Auto Focus functionality.
Camera is zooming in on one object and is completely missing all the other moving objects in the area.
Thats why i'm still undecided about the camera to choose.

2) Sounds logical, I asked Andy for a quote what a complete corner mount kit will cost.

3) Thanks for the tip, I definitely want to identify people that are on my property.
But placing it 2,5meters above the ground scares me, they could easily steal the camera (It does look expensive).

4) In some situations a small camera could be handy, but for outside the camera must be seen.
I think this will hopefully be intimidating.
I don't want to film a thief stealing my car, I want him to go somewhere else ;)

I will certainly check your other links, thanks.

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I added some pictures to get an idea of my situation.

Mounting points based on connections I already have on the other side of the wall.

Front view

Side view

I think I need to mount the camera on the second floor to get a better view behind the fence, what do you guys think?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I need to mount the camera on the second floor to get a better view behind the fence, what do you guys think?
More high, more view, but less ID. The angle of a high mounted cam is only good for ID people in long distance.

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks CrazyKiller, I'm affraid that I have to try both mounting points to find out what works best :(

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks CrazyKiller, I'm affraid that I have to try both mounting points to find out what works best :(
Yep, or you get more then one cam and some trouble with your girlfriend
If it's to high you can see someone who steels your rubbish bin. If it's to low you can't view over your fence. Maybe you find a good way in the middle of both positions. Or are you going to drill outside through the socket, so you won't see the cabling inside? Otherwise wouldn't matter to mount in between the floors. And maybe a smaller one close to the door to ID people coming to your door.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe you could ask your girlfriend to go outside as a test person and you'll see on your phone test pictures what's about the angle to ID someone from each floor.

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, or you get more then one cam and some trouble with your girlfriend
If it's to high you can see someone who steels your rubbish bin. If it's to low you can't view over your fence. Maybe you find a good way in the middle of both positions. Or are you going to drill outside through the socket, so you won't see the cabling inside? Otherwise wouldn't matter to mount in between the floors. And maybe a smaller one close to the door to ID people coming to your door.
I want to drill from the wall socket strait to the camera mount to keep it clean.
Thats also the reason my girlfriend don't want cameras all around the house.

I will to some testing and post the results here,
But first I need a camera.
Hope that Andy will respond soon so that I can place my order :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Shockwave199

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You'll be fine up higher. But another thing to consider is the noise you'll hear on the inside of your residence. If the second floor puts it outside of a bedroom, you absolutely will hear it moving and you or anyone else sleeping in the room needs consideration in that desicion. If the first floor is general living space where the noise can more easily be tolerated or covered up mostly with tv volume and such, you may have to consider a compromise and install in the lower location. But be advised, don't underestimate the noise you'll hear on the inside. If this is a big consideration, consider canceling the order and going with good static cameras to cover your needs.

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You'll be fine up higher. But another thing to consider is the noise you'll hear on the inside of your residence. If the second floor puts it outside of a bedroom, you absolutely will hear it moving and you or anyone else sleeping in the room needs consideration in that desicion. If the first floor is general living space where the noise can more easily be tolerated or covered up mostly with tv volume and such, you may have to consider a compromise and install in the lower location. But be advised, don't underestimate the noise you'll hear on the inside. If this is a big consideration, consider canceling the order and going with good static cameras to cover your needs.
Thanks Shockwave199 for the comment.
Noise could definitely be a problem.
My girlfriend likes to sleep with the Window open.
Our bedroom is on the first floor but I guess we will hear the camera on both mounting points.
Because the fence is blocking most off the view I will mount it on the second floor.
Lets hope the camera zoom can compensate the high when I want to identify someone.

Shockwave199

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You might want to consider a fixed camera or two on the lower level as well. Ptz is always best as support rather than the primary in an attempt to cover everything. As far as camera noise and open windows, one thing you can't say- you haven't been warned, lol. Good luck.

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the price Andy asks for this model? I also asked Andy to price it, but never got an answer to this. Think he was too busy with all his turrets
Payed €418 for the camera, PFA151 Corner mount and shipping to the Netherlands.
After I got €28 back from AliExpress because I'm a new member.

Sitnalta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You'll probably hear it with the windows closed. Sound from something attached to a wall travels quite well through the wall.
We will see, the house has good isolation.
And if I can hear it I will get used to it or change the speed.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Payed €418 for the camera, PFA151 Corner mount and shipping to the Netherlands.
After I got €28 back from AliExpress because I'm a new member
Man that's cheap. I wonder how it compares to the SD59225U-HNI? The SD59 camera with a corner mount is $535 USD or 491 Euros? Looks like its bigger and all white, all other specs being equal?

@Sitnalta, I would have made the same choice, but not for the auto tracking. It's new and takes the right environment to get it working optimally. The price you got it for is pretty awesome, with the corner mount.

@Shockwave199, I want to hear my camera track and move, like an alarm system. I know it's got something and would alert us.

SD