My Firmware update DS-7608NI-K2/P and Dahua camera with Hikvision NVR issues

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From Hikvision's EU portal, I've just downloaded then updated the firmware on my Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/P NVR from V.3.4.103 build 181226, to V.3.4.106 build 190702 and all seemed to go well. As usual I haven't noticed any difference.

RE Virtual Host, I would like to highlight what mike here has suggested in another post. You might have already enabled, tick boxed virtual host on your Hikvision NVR, but after a firmware upgrade or something else you can lose virtual host functionality. To get it working again more than once here, I've needed to deselected/save, selected/save to get virtual host fully working again.

Of my 5 current cameras feeding a Hikvision NVR, there are 4 Hikvision cameras and one Dahua on ONVIF. My main PC runs Linux, I can use Paper Moon or Baslisk under Linux Wine to log in to access the web gui of the Hikvision NVR. just as with a W10 PC. Selecting camera management and a virtual host login, I can individually configure all 4 of the Hikvision cameras. Using vrtual host I can login to the Dahua camera but no live view is displayed, and yet I can view the Dahua camera's output if I login direct to the Hikvision NVR. I suspect a virtual host/ port issue if using a Dahua camera. I have vague memory that I could in the past see a live view of the Dahua camaera using Wine/Pale Moon/Hikvision NVR/ camera management/virtual host Dahua web gui login. This may be a Paper Moon issue rather than a Hikvision one.

A work round would be to use VLC to view the Dahua's rtsp stream whilst using Wine/Pale Moon/ Hikvision NVR/ virtual host/ camera management/Dahua camera login fo adjust the camera configs.

Last edited:

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
More info about using Linux Ubuntu here to view Hikvision NVR camera live views and individual virtual host streams to set camera configs.

Rather any issue here from a Hikvision NVR firmware update, it now looks like a recent update to Paper Moon (under Wine) messed things up and the need to reinstall plugins. Using Paper Moon I can again view the NVR and see all camera outputs, Hikvision and the Dahua. Using virtual host though, I can login to individual Hikvision cameras, but no similar live view of my Dahua camera, it just shows the configs.

Moving on today, I followed youtube to install google-chrome-stable in the terminal and added the NACL extension. Opening the separate Chrome App "NACL Web Plug-in" window, I am able to view the Dahua's virtual host live stream which makes it far easier to adjust this camera, so far no live view of Hikvision cameras or NVR with Google Chrome. You win some you lose some.