My Hikvision KD8003 is now locked

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have had all kinds of problems when trying to upgrade FW on my KD8003 units and I made few posts in October: this and this.

I sent two of my KD8003 units to a reseller in Estonia and I wanted the units to be downgraded back to 2.0.8 but for some reason they both were upgraded to 2.2.56. I made several times Restore All and finally I managed to get them working both with a keypad and card reader.

I have a third KD8003 unit on my main door. This unit had 2.0.8 and it was working fine. I then noticed that the Hikvision EU Portal has a Nordic FW version. I discussed with the Estonian reseller how I should make the upgrade and they told that I shoul upgrade first to 2.2.3 and after that to 2.2.52 Nordic. I did this but noticed that the card reader doesn't work. I made Restore All few times but the card reader still didn't work. Yesterday evening again Restore All and under SADP I could activate the unit and change the IP (and password). I then open iVMS and tried to change the settings for this unit but somehow the unit was locked and it was offline. The unit is still offline and it seems that it's now a brick so are there any possibilities to unlock it without sending it back to the reseller?

I have also problems when trying to downgrade the first two units with 2.2.56 to 2.2.52 Nordic. The upgrade (or actually downgrade) just fails in iVMS.

I have to say that I'm getting really frustrated with these Hikvision systems. I have had different kinds of building automation systems at our houses for over 20 years. I used Homeseer home automation software for nearly 20 years and moved to openHAB almost 1 year ago. Recently I have added DSC alarm system and ABB Terra electric car charger and now implementing Miele dishwasher to openHAB. I have done firmware upgrade to the ABB charger several times without any problems. Most of my building automation systems are far more complex than the Hikvision intercom. The reseller has claimed that my problems could be due to wrong addresses (=wrong DIP switch settings) which I really don't agree. Why the units have worked earlier with an older FW and then not with the newer FW. I find this really ridiculous claim.