My Imporx(Huisun) V2 10X Update - cold weather

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well since the demise of a former member not much talk anymore on the 10X PTZ's so I thought I would update on my two. The "freebee" one that Jack sent me for my chinmey install is still working without any issues. It is -20F and working perfectly so weather wise under extreme cold is perfect as wind chill is about -25F. Yes starting to get cold but, on a positive note no zombies this time of year so you really no humans to steal your shit. I ordered the splitter from Jack to try and fix the dead one that he repleced and the splitter did not help it. It blinks the IR at the very beginning and then the no boot. I will be taking it apart and trying to upgrade the firmware ( any latest realeases?) as I am not ready to give it up.

Last edited:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes I ordered a serial connector, I am pretty sure the issues are a firmware booting problem. Will be looking for some help once the serial plug arrives as it new to me. This particular camera started with all same issues I see out there, if you try too many pre-sets for example after awhile you need to clean it by setting to all defaults then it runs for a month or so again. Then the "clicking sounds inside" once it tries to boot which I manually helped through the cycle and worked for another month or so. Then as they finally die after the boot cycle with only IR's on which I used to light up other cameras for awhile but no picture. THen the "nothing" but, a quick blink of the lower IR lights on the face showing some life but no boot. I got that reaction when I plugged external power into it that's when I thought I would try the splitter in case the power I had was not sufficient. Again with the new splitter from Jack the lower IR blinks then nothing but, lights on the POE just not blinking fully , so I figure your fix must be the only way and was thier issue the whole time "firmware". So, for the $10 buck splitter and $3 connector we shall see if it can live again.

Last edited:

DirtBound

n3wb
Reaction score
We have been having snow and low temps 1f this morning. -f at night. My Mini PTZ keeps resetting itself, when it does that it looses where it should be pointing and I have to manually reset that.

Any ideas why it would be locking up and restarting?
Running V2.0.1 Build 201607221508S

I do notice my memory is sitting at 100 / 120

bheremans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well since the demise of a former member not much talk anymore on the 10X PTZ's so I thought I would update on my two. The "freebee" one that Jack sent me for my chinmey install is still working without any issues. It is -20F and working perfectly so weather wise under extreme cold is perfect as wind chill is about -25F. Yes starting to get cold but, on a positive note no zombies this time of year so you really no humans to steal your shit. I ordered the splitter from Jack to try and fix the dead one that he repleced and the splitter did not help it. It blinks the IR at the very beginning and then the no boot. I will be taking it apart and trying to upgrade the firmware ( any latest realeases?) as I am not ready to give it up.
My v2 has the same problem.. died in weather between 5 and 15 degrees celsius. No firmware update done.
Tried connecting serial console but didn't get any login prompt.. now serial copper contacts broke off. So it's a piece of junk now.
Time to order a new one. Mine was with audio and alarm inputs. A Mic was connected. I Will order the same and hope it won't die to.
I don't find any similar cam with same specs for this price

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My v2 has the same problem.. died in weather between 5 and 15 degrees celsius. No firmware update done.
Tried connecting serial console but didn't get any login prompt.. now serial copper contacts broke off. So it's a piece of junk now.
Time to order a new one. Mine was with audio and alarm inputs. A Mic was connected. I Will order the same and hope it won't die to.
I don't find any similar cam with same specs for this price
instead of replacing this garbage cam over and over, buy a dahua starlight ptz for 495 and call it a day...its a much better camera and has faster ptz...what use is a camera that keeps failing...murphy's law states that it will fail when you need it most...stop throwing good money after bad and hoping for the best.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
once this camera fails, and it will.. your already >60% the cost of a Dahua Black Face Starlight if you replace it; and will it fail again? more than likely..

yeah the form factor for this camera is neat and tiny; but to make things smaller and maintain quality shit gets more expensive, not cheaper.. so when you see something like this thats a fraction of the cost of a full size PTZ you know there is absolutely no quality to be found..

My Dahua black face PTZ has German made belts driving em; not junk servos mass produced for disposable toys.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would agree with the two comments above if another camera was in the works rather than another go with these again, although this free one still has not died as of yet. But for now I'm a lofty $13.00 trying to get the dead one fixed so well see.

bheremans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
once this camera fails, and it will.. your already >60% the cost of a Dahua Black Face Starlight if you replace it; and will it fail again? more than likely..

yeah the form factor for this camera is neat and tiny; but to make things smaller and maintain quality shit gets more expensive, not cheaper.. so when you see something like this thats a fraction of the cost of a full size PTZ you know there is absolutely no quality to be found..

My Dahua black face PTZ has German made belts driving em; not junk servos mass produced for disposable toys.
I hava a dahua black face to.. When using it in daylight I have stripes :-( It doens't happen with IR ... So my dahua has his problems to (but i can live with it)

Attachments

alarum_78

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one of these camera bought back in March 2016. Over the last week it started acting up. It goes offline. When I pull the network cable and reboot, it works for about 2-3 minutes and dies again. The weather has been around -10 Celsius over the few days. Not sure that is affecting it buy either way I am disappointed. Looking for a replacement now.

bheremans

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you find a good replacement.. small .. ptz .. audio .. outdoor, let me know. Dahua black face starlight is al little to big and to expensive for me.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Weather is not the factor as mine is under -30 and fine. Sounds like the begging of the death March though as it starts with the reboot. I would set all back to defaults to start and update the firmware while it's still alive. You will need to read around from the appropriate firmware on these threads.

DirtBound

n3wb
Reaction score
So you think reset to factory, I already have the latest firmware on it. Unless a new one has been released in the last month.

It went dead at just below 0... It keep resetting and losing its positioning. I might just go get a 2 MP stationary camera to replace it with, I like the PTZ but its more of a cool factor for our use than anything.

DirtBound

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using the power splitter, it was fine until the cold hit. Ill try a reset this weekend, will have to move some cables around as we are on a different IP range than factory.

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm had to reset breaker and power for routers and poe+ injector..ptz huisan resets does its spin ir's on..but cannot connect lan or hik 4200 or 4500.. thoughts? Been perfect even at 0..still seems to work except cannot see it

Breaker reset for other reasons..my 2 hiks still perfect

alarum_78

n3wb
Reaction score
So I changed to separated 12v power and the camera worked for about 6 hours until about 6pm when it started to get colder. The camera is done. So for sure looks good for something new. Eyeballing the Dahua 2MP starlight fixed at the moment.