My IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 Died, need replacement model

ThorMan

n3wb
Reaction score
My IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 stopped working and need to replace this camera? I really liked everything about it so a direct replacement would be great...even one that can use the same mounting box if possible.

any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 stopped working and need to replace this camera? I really liked everything about it so a direct replacement would be great...even one that can use the same mounting box if possible.

any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Another one of the same camera. Often failure is related to improper installation such as not properly waterproofing the ethernet connection.

ThorMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Another one of the same camera. Often failure is related to improper installation such as not properly waterproofing the ethernet connection.
How would you waterproof the ethernet connection? Since I am going up there on ladder want to make sure I do it right. It was during a real bad rain storm so I suspect water must have gotten in through the box, which I siliconed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How would you waterproof the ethernet connection? Since I am going up there on ladder want to make sure I do it right. It was during a real bad rain storm so I suspect water must have gotten in through the box, which I siliconed.
The box will never remain water tight. Drill a hole on the bottom to let the water out. You need to wrap the connection in coax seal/ silicon tape and/or use the waterproof connectors included with some cams. If you simply left the connection exposed, that would explain the failure. Sometimes the cameras will work if your clean/replace the connector. Sometimes the POE module is fried but it will work with 12v. Other times the camera is just dead.

ThorMan

n3wb
Reaction score
The box will never remain water tight. Drill a hole on the bottom to let the water out. You need to wrap the connection in coax seal/ silicon tape and/or use the waterproof connectors included with some cams. If you simply left the connection exposed, that would explain the failure. Sometimes the cameras will work if your clean/replace the connector. Sometimes the POE module is fried but it will work with 12v. Other times the camera is just dead.
Thanks! I did not water proof any of them..lucky this is the only one that fried. I will order same exact cam from Andy