My Recently Arrived Dahua SD5A425XA-HNR 4MP PTZ Camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I just realized I had never started a thread on my own camera even though I have had it for two weeks. The preset Home position for this PTZ camera is not working out with auto tracking. So what I will do is switch the home position with another camera I have with its home position. I need to relocate the other camera to cover the home position of this Dahua PTZ camera. While I am at it, seeing as I have to move the camera I will upgrade it to the Dahua IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP WDR model. The new Home Position for the PTZ is a lot more free of trees and parked cars. Here are a couple of pictures. New view on top and the old view on the bottom.

Camera 2F Daytime.jpg

Dahua 8F 562020.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the cameras switched around now. The Dahua PTZ now has fewer obstructions for better tracking and better night lighting by my LED security lights. Tracking should be improved in this location plus I should get good video of people walking by on the sidewalk in front of my house.

Camera 2 Dahua 4MB PTZ.jpg

Last edited:

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hehe....I just had to most stupid realization. I looked at the pics and thought "why on earth is there an empty metal pole standing there?"
Then of course it hit me that I'm seeing a Stop sign from the side. duuuuuuuuuuuuh!

Couple of questions.
The daylight picture in post #1 is a Dahua SD5A425XA-HNR 4MP PTZ?
What model is the second picture (with the tree in the middle of it) taken with in post #1?

What's the difference in the pic 1 in post#1 and the nighttime pic in post#2? I see they're slightly aimed differently and of course the day/night difference. Are they different models?
Also, can you read the license plate of the Red Explorer or that darker colored Mercedes across the street?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I was reading the review thread, and to me it seemed like they have removed that feature, in the latest cameras. Is that not true?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hehe....I just had to most stupid realization. I looked at the pics and thought "why on earth is there an empty metal pole standing there?"
Then of course it hit me that I'm seeing a Stop sign from the side. duuuuuuuuuuuuh!

Couple of questions.
The daylight picture in post #1 is a Dahua SD5A425XA-HNR 4MP PTZ?
What model is the second picture (with the tree in the middle of it) taken with in post #1?

What's the difference in the pic 1 in post#1 and the nighttime pic in post#2? I see they're slightly aimed differently and of course the day/night difference. Are they different models?
Also, can you read the license plate of the Red Explorer or that darker colored Mercedes across the street?
In post one, the picture with the tree in the middle is the Dahua SD5A425XA-HNR 4MP PTZ? The other picture showing the stop sign is a Dahua IPC-HFW8232EP-Z. I have switched around the areas that the cameras cover because of the less obstructions with the stop-sign photo and better suited for the PTZ. As to the license plates this camera covers them quite nicely. It is my Dahua 8MP PTZ. The PTZ in this thread is to cover the sidewalk in front of the house and other goings on.

front_IP Camera6_front_20200512142559_1192842.jpg

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Put the Welcome Mat out across the street, so we can see some good video in the "Camera Capture" threads.