My sincerest Apologies!

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My sincerest apologies to all of you.
I got my code and BI runs in normal mode. Following is a chronological order of what happened:
5/30/2020. I Paid. Later the same day, my internet stopped functioning.
5/31/2020. Technician from my IP provider spent 2 hours trying to fix internet. He could not.
6/18/2020. After 7 visits from my I provider’s different technicians, none could fix it even after replacing every connector of every ethernet cable. They all concluded that even though the internet showed as connected, their test equipment could not obtain an IP address. The company engineers needed to analyze and blow out some packets stuck in my line somewhere.
I called to cancel my account and got connected to someone in Missouri who finally asked me what would it take to keep me as a customer.
My answer was:
1. Internet service fixed by tomorrow.
2. Free speed increase to 200 Mbps.
3. $ 20.- monthly bill reduction.
Result: IP and ip address was fixed somewhere (no at my house), 400 Mbps – 590 Mbps speed. Waiting for next bill.
6/22/2020 Computer died ( motherboard, and router).
7/13/2020 I finally received my new motherboard, CPU, router and display board.
7/15/2020 After re-installing my Win 10 from CD disk and getting many updates, I needed a feature which was only available the PRO version of Win10. I remembered paying $99.- last year, to upgrade my Win10 installation. I also remembered that last year, during a re-install, Microsoft automatically upgraded me to the PRO version. This time they did not. I called Microsoft and asked them to do it. I had to let him into my system via remote. I detected a distinct accent. I asked where he was and got Nigeria as answer. I almost fainted with fear, but he re-assured me.
He explained that maybe because I now had a different motherboard, it had to be done manually. And I needed to provide proof of my recent purchases of mb and display board. He was remotely connected to my computer twice for a total of almost 2 hours. It was a tricky process. He also provided me with new windows 10 code.
The reason I had no Blue Iris code was of course that I never got their email due to no internet and then due to no computer. Waiting to find and then get high end hardware is a slow process when Covid 19 keeps inventories low and businesses running 2-5%.
I finally found the email when I searched through 1600 emails I could not get before.
I have changed since changed all passwords.
So that is my story and my apology.

Last edited:

duonas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, a little bit off topic, but why can't you download preactivated copy of windows (maybe win10, maybe win7, which you prefer more) and you can do what you want with it. No need for their support to help you with license?