Vertical: 50°
IR Cut FilterMechanical
Day/NightYes
Minimum IlluminationColor: 0.00022 Lux
Shutter Speed1/100,000 to 1/3 Seconds

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - I believe there is a Dahua OEM international version of that which has been reviewed here.

So do look at reviews for 4MP Dahua cameras here and see if you can find the similar OEM international model.
( would be IPC-HFWx4xx iirc )

Reaction score
This compares to the HFW5442T-ASE which was reviewed here.

Big difference is:
1. The N45EF63 has a Max aperture of 1.2 vs the 5442 is 1.6, which is why the Min Illumination number is 0.00022 vs 0.0016 lux.
2. The 5442 has additional AI options, such as face attributes.

Whoops...biggest difference NO IR for the N45EF63.

Last edited:

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI - I believe there is a Dahua OEM international version of that which has been reviewed here.

So do look at reviews for 4MP Dahua cameras here and see if you can find the similar OEM international model.
( would be IPC-HFWx4xx iirc )
The international part code is IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI, the is the NI at the end which differentiates it from the IPC-5442T-AS And 5442T-ASE. It’s aperature is F 1.0 compared to 1.2 on the model you shared and 1.6 on the non NI models. I believe @EMPIRETECANDY has them on his AliExpress store.

Last edited:

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Am I comprehending this correctly.
it needs a bit of some light for color at night.

B&W mode at night - Since this cam has no i.r.

spec says i.r. cut filter = mechanical - what does this mean ? > I provide the i.r. and I need to set its tolerance of the brightness in the camera. ?

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I comprehending this correctly.
it needs a bit of some light for color at night.

B&W mode at night - Since this cam has no i.r.

spec says i.r. cut filter = mechanical - what does this mean ? > I provide the i.r. and I need to set its tolerance of the brightness in the camera. ?
Yes this cam is intended to provide color image at night but needs a minimal amount of light to do so, hence the starlight label. IR cut filter is permanently in place meaning this cam can’t see IR since that’s not how the cam is intended to be used. There is nothing you would need to do manually

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Bj for explaining how this sensor works.
I'm am looking for an all weather bullet to mount on a pole 3' above ground outside and look out to 50' in total darkness, and capture small 4 legged critters inside of that distance.
Do you think a bright moon may illuminate, or a couple of those small staked photocell walk path lights placed out behind the target area would work? . (and notify)

Bjthomas09

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Bj for explaining how this sensor works.
I'm am looking for an all weather bullet to mount on a pole 3' above ground outside and look out to 50' in total darkness, and capture small 4 legged critters inside of that distance.
Do you think a bright moon may illuminate, or a couple of those small staked photocell walk path lights placed out behind the target area would work? . (and notify)
I don’t have much experience with capturing wildlife at that distance. What I can say in my opinion none of these fixed focused models would work great. I would look into varifocal cameras (optical zoom) for that distance.