Need a basic wiring diagram...

JohnP274

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would love to get a basic wiring diagram so I can position/layout my system correctly.

Plan to install about (8) POE cameras but need to understand the wiring of the rest of the components, this would help a lot. If someone could just fill in so I can visualize what needs to be done. Thanks in advance

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean the switch and the NVR will be all one unit?
the POE is built into the NVR..this is not generally an ideal setup...you must homerun all the ethernet to the NVR, the NVR will generally be louder due to cooling fans, and depending on the brand, you will lose direct browser access to the camera..there are several threads discussing this...

Reaction score
the POE is built into the NVR..this is not generally an ideal setup...you must homerun all the ethernet to the NVR, the NVR will generally be louder due to cooling fans, and depending on the brand, you will lose direct browser access to the camera..there are several threads discussing this...
Ohhh. You mean a dedicated Nvr. I thought mat was talking about putting a pci card that'll take 8 poe ports or something.

JohnP274

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was wondering if someone could add to my wiring diagram.CameraWiring.png ..I drew it up on MS Paint hoping someone could easily add the wiring on it and re-post it.