Need Advice: Security Camera Packages

harobikes

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a 4-8 Camera Package for some extra security for my home.
Budget is $2100 USD Here's the packages I've compared so far.. any input or suggestions?
[/img]
When comparing brands & specs it seems that a 4K camera isn't always "better" than a 2K camera because of lighting, etc...? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a 4-8 Camera Package for some extra security for my home.
Budget is $2100 USD Here's the packages I've compared so far.. any input or suggestions?
[/img]
When comparing brands & specs it seems that a 4K camera isn't always "better" than a 2K camera because of lighting, etc...? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Hi Harobikes...

There's a lot more than MegaPixels to compare.

If you decide you want one of those kits.. wait for Black Friday - Cyberweek for discounts.

Do take a close look at the Cliff notes in the mean time to determine what you may want / need.

Also remember, Lorex is now owned by Dahua - however they do strip the firmware of "IVS" features.

Thus many of us look at Dahua OEM international models from Andy and many members here like to combine them with Blue Iris.

You have about 1 month before BF season hits, so do take some time to determine what may work for you.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a 3rd party cloud service similar to what Flir/Lorex offers if a person goes the Dahua OEM route...? Or is everyone DIYing servers, etc..?
Lorex Cloud Premium Subscription with Rapid Recap
Questions for you:
- do you/would you trust a 3rd party with your video footage (as they also will know when and where you are)?
- do you want to pay for 3rd party services whilst you might (or not) have the knowledge, time and materials to do it yourself?

If you answer both questions with yes, who are we to judge you for that? But I personally am not willing to let anyone touch my precious data, so I do everything myself :)