Need an application that will allow me to stream without using IP Cam Live

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a Dahua SD49225T-HN 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera . My great horned owls are coming to their nesting barrel again this year and I'd like to stream without using IP Cam Live. I want to display the video on my wordpress web page. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time. Okiebirdnerd

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello Terri,
Why do you not want to use ipCamLive?
Jack

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Jack,
I guess because it is 18 bucks a month ;)
I also have another question. When I open my smart PSS it says my camera is offline. I don't remember how to get back online again :( It's very frustrating since my owls are out there right now :( Thank you for your time!

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't know of anything comparable that is free or cheaper.

To get your camera going, you might try rebooting it by turning off power and then on, assuming it has good power and ethernet connections. Or do a factory reset by using the camera reset button.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Use the rtsp streams, this will integrate well into the wordpress pages, or for more security (!) stream to a youtube channel and then embed that into the wordpress page, I have done this so the stream details are not viewable on my website

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the rtsp streams, this will integrate well into the wordpress pages, or for more security (!) stream to a youtube channel and then embed that into the wordpress page, I have done this so the stream details are not viewable on my website
Have you done this very recently with success?
if so, would you care to elaborate on the process?
I ask because other forum members in the past few months have hit a wall, seemingly on YouTube's end.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
TBH not in the last few months, it was maybe 6-7 months ago, I don't have a need for it, I do this 'testing' for others that are in need of assistance, I provide solutions :)

So if YT has done what it does and changed something, then it may not work.

If I get chance I will test before the end of the weekend

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, just tested it, took me less than 2 minutes :)

I used the stream from blue iris for my source, in BI i set the details provided by youtube from my creator section, that being the server url and stream key

I then went to one of my sites and edited a page to use www.youtube.com/c/insertname/live as a video source and bingo (divi theme)

When I tested before I think I used OBS as the source

Also IIRC try out angelcam

Last edited:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for all your replies. I unplugged my cat5 from behind my PC and it came back online. Is there a reason why it goes off line for seemingly no reason? Can I set a rule for it to let me know when it goes offline? I will tell my girlfriend about you tube. I don't have a dvr hooked up to my camera. I think If I hit record it will record to my PC, unless I put a sd card in my camera. I actually don't remember if I did. I have not messed with my camera since my owlet fledged last May. Also how do I get the dead link to go away under my name?
Thanks for your time.
Terri