Need Audio and Video Lengthy Recording Ability, Outdoor Use

Robbie

n3wb
Reaction score
My obnoxious neighbor, who used to just play blaring music for hours, has undergone a psycho transformation after a recent arrest and 10 day incarceration. Now, in addition to the music nuisance, he spends 3-5 hours a day yelling at the top of his voice, nonsense, obscenities, and screaming at his dad to have a heart attack. This is like living in an insane asylum. I only need a couple of cameras, one for my barn to watch my beautiful horses, one to point down my 500' driveway which runs adjacent to where this weirdo lives, both cameras would be about 70' from my house. I do need clear video and audio recordings that we can take to the local cops as evidence when he is threatening to hurt himself or someone else. I have PTSD and my husband has dementia, we sure don't need this idiot around, he truly has severe psychiatric issues! Any advice would be welcome. I'm fairly computer literate but would enjoy a fairly simple hardware and software system to use. Also the cameras would be outdoors in Florida, legendary for heat and rain. Thanks in advance!

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We have been installing these or these. I just put one of the Hikvision cams on my house near the front door, and the mic can pic up quite a bit. Pair these with a simple Dahua dvr and you are good to go. Also, there are a few installers from Florida on here that can come out to your place and give you a demo.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One consideration is to leave room for more cams in future. Although you think you only need two today, you may find you will need more angles etc. You might want a cam in every horse stall, or at least one stall to watch a sick or foaling horse. A little thought about this up front can be helpful. At least the size of the nvr as to camera inputs. @bababouy is a pro and knows what he is doing. A good resource.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment @NoloC I still have a lot to learn before I'm a pro. One thing that I am a pro on though, is bad neighbors. We had a bad one for about six years, finally after threatening to kill the whole family and almost getting arrested, we moved.

Robbie

n3wb
Reaction score
We have been installing these or these. I just put one of the Hikvision cams on my house near the front door, and the mic can pic up quite a bit. Pair these with a simple Dahua dvr and you are good to go. Also, there are a few installers from Florida on here that can come out to your place and give you a demo.
I am very interested, even tho he seemed to calm down once another neighbor and I started talking about this. My husband is early stage dementia so I think I would also want more cameras so I can see what he is doing outside. I would like someone to contact me about getting a system setup. I am about an hour from Ocala, 1.5 hours from Tampa. Thanks for the help!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make a nuisance of yourself to 911. Call every time he acts out.
Does he come onto your property? That's trespassing, call 911.

It takes some calculations to decide where and what camera's to use and proper lens length's.

Hopefully, by now @bababouy has contacted you and your on your way.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately, our guys are backed up with a couple of large jobs right now. We wouldn't be able to get to Ocala for a month or two. This may be a job for one of the guys in central Florida somewhere.

Robbie

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately, our guys are backed up with a couple of large jobs right now. We wouldn't be able to get to Ocala for a month or two. This may be a job for one of the guys in central Florida somewhere.
I'm an hour out of Ocala and 1.5 hours from Tampa. I can wait till someone is available. Thanks!