Need Feedback/Opinions on IPC-HDW4431C-A

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Need to help a family friend out who is on a very tight budget. I'm always the first to say "Don't short change yourself to regret it later", however this is a rare case as I'm dealing with elderly on a very fixed income. My normal supplier normally has monthly specials/deals on 2mp Private label HIK domes and I'd use those, but this month they have nothing so I'm considering these Dahua's.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this turret and if so do you have any examples/captures you could share especially nightime? After searching the forum I see feedback and opinions but no real first hand examples. @nayr, youtube linked me to one of your comparison videos but short of that their isn't much out their.

I'm considering 5 or 6 of these PC-HDW4431C-A in various 3.6 6, 12mm lens configurations. I've found these for $55. Only down side I see is these appear to be the plastic version of the turret and not metal. I will be putting 4 or 5 of the 6 outside but they will be covered so I'm not to concerned.

Any feedback?

Thanks!!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those are Chinese domestic models w/hacked english firmware.. they are a bit more buggy than normal and you cant restore to defaults or upgrade firmware directly from Dahua.. but they are nice and cheap.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@zero-degrees -

I just put one of these up in my garage and overall I am happy with the image as I feel it compares to my current 4mp Hik turrets. My only complaint / concern would be this is the cam that was trying to "outbound" to a china IP until I put a non descriptive DNS address within it's settings. I plan on either keeping it or giving it to another family member who is in need of a decent / cheap / solution such as the one you described in your post. I can post some pics if you would like....of course I believe you saw it in one of my postings and you made the comment about the garage door being in the way...lol

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
of course I believe you saw it in one of my postings and you made the comment about the garage door being in the way
Oh, Yea, I remember that one :)

My only complaint / concern would be this is the cam that was trying to "outbound" to a china IP until I put a non descriptive DNS address within it's settings
This would go into an NVR so I would hope that would stop outbound issues, however, as you stated a hard change/save to the physical camera can control that.