Need Guidance

Shane47

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello this seems like a really technical forum, so apologies I was just wondering which system I should get Costco has the Q See 826 on sale for $1000 Amazon has the Q See 8816 $1300. Both with 8cams After no taxes on Amazon there about the same $ with Cosco I get all their support and I'll be doing a Self install. I didn't like you see it first but I have been a camera system now and I finally have learned all the little bugs in their software and everything so I really want to stay with them I'm sure there's superior products out there but I don't want to learn a new program. what do you guys recommend I get the QC8816 has an E-SATA cable? & a couple USB ports for what? I did maybe want to add a PTZ or Wi-Fi camera later at some point to both of them do that? Please help

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello this seems like a really technical forum, so apologies I was just wondering which system I should get Costco has the Q See 826 on sale for $1000 Amazon has the Q See 8816 $1300. Both with 8cams After no taxes on Amazon there about the same $ with Cosco I get all their support and I'll be doing a Self install. I didn't like you see it first but I have been a camera system now and I finally have learned all the little bugs in their software and everything so I really want to stay with them I'm sure there's superior products out there but I don't want to learn a new program. what do you guys recommend I get the QC8816 has an E-SATA cable? & a couple USB ports for what? I did maybe want to add a PTZ or Wi-Fi camera later at some point to both of them do that? Please help
Welcome Shane47

I would suggest posting links and more tech specs on each system if you'd like to encourage feed back.

The Q-see systems are probably either Hikvision or Dahua OEM, so it maybe useful to see those forums for more info as well as on feedback.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think that 8816 is a Dahua system with 4MP cameras?

Biggest problem I have with box systems is you get a bunch of fixed lens 2.8mm or 3.6mm cameras and no ability to focus on choke points for good ID. Lots of area coverage with poor detail. Also looks like that system comes with a 3TB HD, which seems small for 8 4MP cameras..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Shane,

Did you end up picking something up yet?

Thank you