Need help choosing NVR

VladS

n3wb
Reaction score
Need help choosing NVR

Need 5 camera system
1. I don’t have access to internet and I need remote access via Android and Laptop to System
2. Because I don’t have internet, is it possible to get motion notifications/alerts.

Please give advice
Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Need help choosing NVR

Need 5 camera system
1. I don’t have access to internet and I need remote access via Android and Laptop to System
2. Because I don’t have internet, is it possible to get motion notifications/alerts.

Please give advice
Thanks
Is this a joke?

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Need help choosing NVR

Need 5 camera system

Please give advice
Thanks
Without internet, the only alternative I see is to buy a NVR with a RS232 port.
This way, you can make it create an alarm (on the RS232 port) and with an addon (alarm system with SMS slot), you could SMS yourself (or call).
This is the only way I can think of without any access to internet.

VladS

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I don't understand much about surveillance systems, I am looking for a NVR 24hr recording that is for an off-grid setup/location, and only gets notifications when I am physically there, and when I leave, I don't need to get any notifications. Is it possible to have NVR + a router with Wi-Fi to get notifications only when I'm in that area? If its something that's not possible or I'm not explaining it correctly, can someone briefly explain more how it works or alternative ideas/options. Thanks

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes it is possible. You then just need a Dahua NVR, a dahua camera, a router (without internet will work). Then connect the camera and the NVR to the router. Configure motion detect. Install the android app Gdmss plus and configure it to give notifications. The whole guide is here: