Need help: Dahua 4300 w/ NVR4108-P (how to view remotely) /port forwarding/dynamicDNS

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got into POE/security cams. I got the camera working and set up to the NVR. I can access through my android phone if I am using my home wifi which the camera is set up through the NVR. Another problem I am having is when I try to access the admin panel for the NVR via mac it doesn't let me login (probably a plugin issue). I can access it via my internet explorer on my windows 8 laptop.

My set up as follows:

My cable modem SB6580 modem has an ethernet feeding the NVR then the NVR is feeding the camera. (can someone please send me a screen shot on how i should have port forwarding done on my SB6580..the modem has built in wifi so I can access the port forwarding via logging into the modems settings.

Problem I am having is I can't access my no-ip.org dynamic DNS address if I am using my cell phone LTE or any internet outside my home's wifi network but it works when I am using the home wifi which the modem/camera is setup thru.

Any tips or walk thru area I can research how to set it up properly will be appreciated.

Thanks

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Re: Need help: Dahua 4300 w/ NVR4108-P (how to view remotely) /port forwarding/dynami

First of all, go into the settings of the NVR and give it a static IP address preferably a high number. I usually chose .200. Than, go into connection settings and change the http port from 80 to 8000. Than, log into your router/modem, and set two port forward rules. Tell port 37777 to goto the .200 address, and port 8000 to go to the .200 address. In case your not sure, the .200 is the last numbers of the IP address of the NVR.

Reaction score
Re: Need help: Dahua 4300 w/ NVR4108-P (how to view remotely) /port forwarding/dynami

thanks for the reply vector . i know this isn't a free tech support page. i really appreciate your help.

so i went into the camera changed the ip from the .19 to .200 as you said. then i went to connection setting and changed port from 80 to 8000.

i am a little lost as what to do in the port forwarding page of my router/modem. i attached a screenshot with a,b,c,d on the areas i need help with. Last q, for 'remote host address', do I put my modem's IP there? thanks again!

Attachments

Reaction score

here is pic of my NVR settings:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Go into the camera and change it to a static of.201, this way it's right after the NVR. You only need to port forward the NVR, not the camera. Than in the router, enter the IP of the NVR where it says IP and enter 8000 in the ports box. Than create a 2nd rule and enter the NVR IP address again and enter 37777 in all the ports boxes. Than got canyouseeme.org and check 8000 and 37777. If you see success, than your good

Reaction score

ok this may seem annoying but my user manual is in chinese -_- ....where do i go to change camera ip to static of .201 ......???

Reaction score

and when i go to canyouseeme url and check the 2 ports u told me to check it says they are open and success....

Attachments

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

In the IP utility that you pictured of the NVR, it will find the camera and it's current IP. You can enter that IP that the NVR finds in explorer, and log in with admin admin. Than, it's pretty much the same procedure as the NVR's network settings after that.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Turn off wifi on your phone and test out the app.

Reaction score

the "IP utility of the NVR" shows an IP of : '10.1.1.65'....but when i try to access that via my browser it doesn't load ;(

i know I'm so close to getting this work yet so far lol

Attachments

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Your NVR has a built in POE so it assigns an IP that you cannot access on your own network so there is no need to assign the camera an IP. Just turn wifi off on your phone, and see if you can see your NVR.

Reaction score

wohhhh i see it!!!!! so cool. how do i view via browser remotely say if i was in another country and wanted to access it...or if i am at my friends house (not on same network).

thanks sorry for my childish excitement hahaha

Reaction score

great! you are THE MAN..im gonna invest in a PTZ dahua in near future... just bought this cheap setup to learn the ins and outs...

my biggest concern was remote viewing/port forwarding and you addressed that issue so quick and easily.. thanks again!

last quick questions if you don't mind....

1.) for dahua web GUI, i can't press login to get into 'web service' interface..i can type the login/password but i think some javascript or plugin is missing (this is on a mac mavericks OS).... did you find any work around or where i can download the plugin.....it works fine on my windows 8 laptop using internet explorer -_-....

2.) how should i set up the DVR recording... i have a 2 TB seagate HD installed..i don't know where in the NVR to go to previous days etc. i had it on for 2 days and it only shows about 3 hours worth of recording...

3.) what is the best monitoring / recording app... blue iris is thrown around a lot...

Reaction score

one last thing kinda confusing...i can gdMSS lite using my cellular data and login to view camera...

when i tell my friend in another city to login to the same domain:8000 he says its not connecting;(

i can't test web based on my own so i had to ask my friend since my IP is in the same network as the camera...

the domain:8000 is accessible from my house/same IP as nor

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

You do not need blue iris, you have an NVR to record your cameras. Blue Iris is if your using a computer instead of an NVR. Tell your friend he MUST have http:// in front of the domain name when he enters
it in the URL bar. He may or may not have to adjust IE security settings for active X though.

Reaction score

thanks for clearing the NVR/ blue iris up.

he tried with the http:// didn't work unfortunately (web based or the software you linked me to in earlier post).

gdmSS lite worked fine for him to connect to so I am confused why we can't get the software or web based gui to connect ;(