Need help figuring out the ports on the back of the NVR for the building alarm...

R@lKan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an nvr5232 setup with 15 cameras and motion detection set to be recorded times, Im trying to find out the best way to connect the building alarm to the NVR in the back so that if the alarm is tripped all the cams start a record session....on the alarm panel i have identified all the available out ports i can run wire from to the ports i just dont know exactly which ones to run to....can anyone help me out with this?.....

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Are your outputs on the alarm panel NO COM NC? form C? If so, run a cable or cables to your nvr alarm inputs. I would use the NC and COM outputs on the alarm panel and wire them in to the nvr. On the nvr side, use the numbered spots for the NC wire and the ground spots for the COM. Then just go into the menu for that specific alarm input and enable it. Then set your parameters to record what ever channels that you want.

R@lKan

n3wb
Reaction score
there are 6 input ports across the top and 6 across the bottom one row NC one row NO I just don't know which numbered port to connect the + wire to from the alarm panel....ideally I'm wanting to run the + wire from one of the siren connection ports into the nvr so that anytime the alarm is going off all the cams record, I understand the setting to record steps just wasn't sure if there was a recommended way to connect them....im assuming the - wire would go from the ground/com port on the nvr back to the negative post on the panel....

R@lKan

n3wb
Reaction score
ill try and post a pic in just a min so u can see what I'm looking at too

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so you have 4 alarm inputs on this machine. The numbered ports are for your + wire from the alarm panel and the - wire would go to the port with the funny looking dradel symbol over it. The NO1, NO2 and C1 and C2 ports are for your alarm outputs.

R@lKan

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, so I connected it via 12v out on panel to port one, the ground to the ground on the panel and set it to NC, 2/15 cameras once the alarm setting was enabled stay recording and I'm not sure what the deal is with that....if I switch it to NO all of them except those two stay recording....suggestions?....I just tried a reboot to see if that has helped the issue...

R@lKan

n3wb
Reaction score
after the reboot its only one I'm having the issue with and its one that's directly connected to the ports on the back of the nvr, not one I pulled from the network...