Need help finding a camera. Been looking around but no luck.

KBBedAsW

n3wb
Reaction score
I want an outdoor HD wireless WiFi camera than can record 24/7 or activated with motion detection with night vision. I need to use a tripod with it unless the camera can tilt up. We have some squirrels that are jumping on our roof from a tree. I need it to point up from the ground or a tripod that's why I said I needed it to tilt up. I do not want to wire anything up. From what I have seen you can get rechargeable cameras and battery-operated cameras. I want to be able to record 24/7 or motion detection. I want it to able to save what it records to an SD card and/or hard drive. I am new to this and do not know much so any help and suggestions is welcomed and much appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IMO, you'd be better off with a name brand, high-quality game camera. They have night vision, motion detection, record to an SD card and are battery-operated.

Battery-operated Wi-Fi cams are the marriage of 2 maintenance-intensive, unreliable technologies that will give you way too many headaches through disconnects and false triggers.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT, neighbor! :)

KBBedAsW

n3wb
Reaction score
IMO, you'd be better off with a name brand, high-quality game camera. They have night vision, motion detection, record to an SD card and are battery-operated.

Battery-operated Wi-Fi cams are the marriage of 2 maintenance-intensive, unreliable technologies that will give you way too many headaches through disconnects and false triggers.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT, neighbor! :)
Do you know any game cameras that record 24/7 and have Wifi? Thank you for the welcome.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you know any game cameras that record 24/7.......?
Not sure why you'd need 24/7 if you have motion detection. If you mean "continous" as "ALWAYS recording", then no, I do not.

Maybe you could spend some time Googling that and the Wi-Fi, if you have not already done so.
Do you know any game cameras that......... have Wifi?
See Google reference above.
Thank you for the welcome.
You're welcome. Sorry I could not offer more re: game cameras but the one I have is 8 years old and has an SD card and that's it.....lots of bells & whistles available in 2020.
Cuddeback is a big name and it's not cheap.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I want an outdoor HD wireless WiFi camera than can record 24/7 or activated with motion detection with night vision. I need to use a tripod with it unless the camera can tilt up. We have some squirrels that are jumping on our roof from a tree. I need it to point up from the ground or a tripod that's why I said I needed it to tilt up. I do not want to wire anything up. From what I have seen you can get rechargeable cameras and battery-operated cameras. I want to be able to record 24/7 or motion detection. I want it to able to save what it records to an SD card and/or hard drive. I am new to this and do not know much so any help and suggestions is welcomed and much appreciated.
Welcome @KBBedAsW

if you are looking for a battery powered wifi for data camera, i do not know of any consumer grade camera that does that.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
KBB
Define the problem, not the solution. What are you trying to record ? What is the approximate location. What is you budget ?

Kevin_Essiambre

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
KBB
Define the problem, not the solution. What are you trying to record ? What is the approximate location. What is you budget ?
He said in his post that squirrels are jumping from tree to roof, so unless he has a 3 story mansion, I don't see it being more than 20-30' from ground to squirrel.

Sent from my new phone. Autocorrect may have changed stuff.

KBBedAsW

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @KBBedAsW

if you are looking for a battery powered wifi for data camera, i do not know of any consumer grade camera that does that.
Yeah, I have given up on trying to find one. I got a wildlife camera like TonyR suggested.

He said in his post that squirrels are jumping from tree to roof, so unless he has a 3 story mansion, I don't see it being more than 20-30' from ground to squirrel.

Sent from my new phone. Autocorrect may have changed stuff.
That is correct. It is a 1 story house. Thank you everyone for helping.