Need help to choose camera

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I will go for Huisun camera, but need you sugestions please,
How this company cameras?
It's will works with motion detection ? (With HikVision NVR?)
I prefer that the camera will be with POE, Auto Tracking, There is some Huisun camera with this features?
Someone knows the prices please?

I need camera for 15m front yard.

Regards.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as auto tracking that works well..at least not in the price range you are looking at. Stay away from Huisun, unless you enjoy replacing cameras and dont care if you have footage that is missed..

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns,
Thanks for reply, I will not take Dahua, as my NVR/system is HikVision,
And I prefer camera that works well with Hikvision protocols.

@fenderman,
There is camera with good price 150-200USD that you think will be good for 15m yard?

Regards.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont need a ptz for a backyard...Look at the 1080p dahua starlight for 170..nayr has a full review..its a much better camera than anything hikvision has to offer at this price point.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the Hikvision protocols thing was bullshit from an idiot who didnt know jack squat; its called ONVIF.. and Dahua will work with your Hikvision NVR via ONVIF better than a Huisun ever will.

they just ripped off the hikvision web-design.. Ive seen no evidence what so ever that any of the Hikvision API commands actually work on it.

for fucks sake they dont even have the same RTSP URL; Hik protocols my ass.
Huisun RTSP URI: rtsp://host:554/ch0_0.h264
Hikvision RTSP URI: rtsp://host:554/Streaming/Channels/0/

Last edited:

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr,
Thanks for comment, I mean if I can control in the NVR motion detection and all this ?
Although I record 24/7 with the NVR.
And I will happy if you can give me some model of camera to start with.

Regards.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Basic Motion Detection should work if added as ONVIF, recording 24/7 will definitely.. configuring the camera via the NVR (including motion detection settings); probably not going to happen.. you'll have to do that directly through the Cam's WebUI; on both a Dahua or Huisun.

IVS Features on Dahua wont work at all w/the Hik NVR.. but you dont get those on a Huisun period.

I recommend this: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use IVS on computer,
When I want to see the camera in live, I just go to explorer and connect to NVR GUI,
Only in my phone I use IVMS.

Regards.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua IVS = Intelligent Video Surveillance, which is more advanced video proccessing: aka LineCross/FacialDetection/Intrusion Detection/etc.. those features only work with a Dahua NVR that supports IVS.

Basic Motion detection is not IVS and its events are advertised via ONVIF standards.. IVS features are not supported by ONVIF.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its got a varifocal lens; a 15m yard dont mean anything at all to me.. you want a wide over view camera or something zoomed in on a specific target? Ive got a 35ft yard and I use 12mm to watch sidewalk traffic just fine.. but it cant see any of my yard really with it zoomed in so far.

all depends on your goals and installation..

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Due to that I wanted the PTZ,
The front yard, is include front entrance, so I wanted that if someone come in the camera will zoom with him.

Regards.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Due to that I wanted the PTZ,
The front yard, is include front entrance, so I wanted that if someone come in the camera will zoom with him.
and that right there is never going to happen..

The HuiSun MiniPTZ cant do that unless your manning the camera 24/7, and then its slow as fuuuuck.. a geriatric grandma pushing a walker will out run it from what Ive seen.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK,
So you have any other PTZ recommends with this price range?

Regards.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nope

you want something that dont exist first of all.. auto tracking people walking up to your house dont work; if you find a camera that says it can do it; dont believe it.. because it cannot.

all sorts of horror stories on auto-tracking, like squirrels running up a tree and it spending days watching the tree top sway in the wind.. chasing clouds, leaves, headlight reflections, and totally missing everything actually worthwhile.. its a gimmick that gets people to buy a camera; then they disable it and never use it once they realize how entirely useless it is.

Unless your willing to wire your yard up with various physical sensors; or hire a security guard to man a console.. you really dont have any reason to use a PTZ in most residental settings.. and your talking to a guy with 2 Quality PTZ's on his house, which I do have wired to various sensors, and I am manning them pretty much all the time.

Just install more fixed cameras, then you can watch everything at once.

Last edited: