need help understanding Profiles and Camera properties (and FTP'ing)

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use FTP posting to a private website. I have cameras that I only want to post when on Profile 1. I do not want them to post on Profile 2 (when I'm home).

In Camera Properties > General Tab, I have identified the cameras that I want to always Post as "ACTIVE during both Profiles 1 + 2". For each of the cameras I want to post only on Profile 1, I have ticked "ACTIVE" on Profile 1 only.
Similarly, in Camera Properties > Post Tab, I have selected "Post files to FTP service" for either both Profiles 1 + 2, or Profile 1 only (as above).

When running under Profile 2, cameras that I did not expect to post through FTP are still posting.

This doesn't seem to be working, so I believe my understanding of the Profiles and relationship with Camera properties is lacking. Can someone assist with the settings combination?
Thanks

Update: Now I find that when I click the "Inactive" button beside the Profiles, all cameras are posting. This leads me to believe that the General setting isn't governing what's happening....

solved: it was my error. I had placed the check marks in the wrong spots.....

Last edited: