Need help watching files from recorded Hikvision device

rleonever

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, a friend of mine wanted me to see if i can watch some recorded footage from a security camera from where he works. He has access of both the device and the cameras used

He gave me a flash drive containing about 32GB of recorded footage, split in over 100 files of 256MB each, and 4 .bin files (index00.bin, index01.bin, logCurfile.bin and logMainfile.bin)

I've managed to open the mp4 files using VSplayer and the encryption key (i cannot open the mp4 files anywhere else), but the filesystem seems to be all messed up, some files containing over 1000 hours of footage, and ones containing about 5 minutes, and all of them having the same 256MB filesize

Some files i can choose the timestamp, others i can't (just fast forward)

I also cannot merge or convert, Merge tool does nothing and convert tool gives me error to all the files

is there any way to fix this? It's really really important

Just a side note: I don't know exactly the context and specific details, He believes someone ''erased'' the files a few days earlier, i cannot give any more details, but it is really important that we recover footage from January 16th

The recordings (from what i'm able to see) are from between january 4th and January 21, and between Jan 14 and Jan 18 the footage seems to be cut?

But in one file, i can see timestamps for January 16, i just cannot access it. the file is only 25 minutes long, it's very weird

I've attached some screenshots below

Attachments

rleonever

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, i saw this thread but i didn't understand if it could be useful, i also don't know how Github tools works (OpenSource PHP Class for working with Hikvision cameras – Damn Technology) exactly so i wasn't able to try anything

I do know a lot about computing, but basically zero about this IPCam stuff, i will try anything you guys suggest

Also this thread, is it useful somehow?

Last edited:

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hikvision doesn't use a regular file structure to store files. You need a program that can read the index files and recreate the proper sequence of files. There are programs out there that can do this if you search around the web and ipcamtalk i'm sure you can find them.

rleonever

n3wb
Reaction score
I found the Github tool but i don't know how to use it, can you help me? or suggest a program that can recreate the file sequence?

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the php library looks like it might work, but you'd have to write a php program and call the requisite library functions to extract the necessary files.

rleonever

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know how to do this, can you help me or give me a tutorial link? it's really important for me

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, a friend of mine wanted me to see if i can watch some recorded footage from a security camera from where he works. He has access of both the device and the cameras used

He gave me a flash drive containing about 32GB of recorded footage, split in over 100 files of 256MB each, and 4 .bin files (index00.bin, index01.bin, logCurfile.bin and logMainfile.bin)

I've managed to open the mp4 files using VSplayer and the encryption key (i cannot open the mp4 files anywhere else), but the filesystem seems to be all messed up, some files containing over 1000 hours of footage, and ones containing about 5 minutes, and all of them having the same 256MB filesize

Some files i can choose the timestamp, others i can't (just fast forward)

I also cannot merge or convert, Merge tool does nothing and convert tool gives me error to all the files

is there any way to fix this? It's really really important

Just a side note: I don't know exactly the context and specific details, He believes someone ''erased'' the files a few days earlier, i cannot give any more details, but it is really important that we recover footage from January 16th

The recordings (from what i'm able to see) are from between january 4th and January 21, and between Jan 14 and Jan 18 the footage seems to be cut?

But in one file, i can see timestamps for January 16, i just cannot access it. the file is only 25 minutes long, it's very weird

I've attached some screenshots below
See if either of these help you:

rleonever

n3wb
Reaction score

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It wasn't a playback tool. It was a .net class library people could use in their own apps to read hikvision's file structures. The source is still available on github.

Hikdump was a utility which used the .net class library to read and print out a list the video files.