Need help with a Hikvision IP PTZ Camera...

Reaction score
Okay so long story short..
Have a IP PTZ camera cord was damaged between the external pigtail and where it connects inside the camera.

I'll.provide pictures as well. But I got.the camera found then cut wire fixed the cut wire but the camera isn't recognized on the DVR or if I directly connect it to my networ. Be on the NVR i to tri s to c ok nnect t I the camera but then it goes back to same
sceen you would discover the camera on the NVR and again says no camera is connected.

But I tried just be splicing g the cables together tried using a punched down cat5e jack with wires matching same configuration even though colors don't match. But I used a tester matched the wires on one side of the cable to where they should go on the backside of the cable. The Camera powers on and does it's start up where it goes to the default start location for the camera and the IRleds ok n the camera start like they should as well but the camera just doesn't supply a video feed and or isn't working on the video side of the camera. Even though it is getting power... Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

It is a rebranded camera it's technically a spyclops ptz-wip2 model which I believe is just a rebranded Hikvision camera plz let me know if that is not correct if it isn't though ..15395514330426826525077490647268.jpg 15395517060681478151616095412561.jpg 15395514330426826525077490647268.jpg 15395517060681478151616095412561.jpg

Reaction score
The black and red are power the yellow n green is rs485 the other wires are orange white orange or (brown, white/brown)
Green, white/green but those are the cables that on the pigtail were a cat5 jack so I have the original jack that was removed and have tried using that one and also a brand new cat5 jack but both have same end result of no video is it maybe the board they are plugged in I provided imagr if board in first post already...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If no other responses, you might try contacting spyclopsusa . They have a rep in your state and support has a toll-free number. Won't hurt to try, right?

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You spliced the wires and connected to a new RJ45 jack and camera does not respond and manufacturer says buy a new one. Looks like you have an answer just seems like it’s not the one you wanted.

Reaction score
That's just it the camera powers on Fine it resets itself to it's default viewing location when you power it on just fine the IR's turn on the lens moves and focuses but the NVR says it is not connected. I am.trying to see if anyone has.any suggestions like is it perhaps the board between where the pigtail plugs in and the wiring that goes to the inside of the camera cause the power is fine.its just the camera isn't recognized it acts as if it isn't there but sometimes it will say connecting and then it just stops and goes back to not connected???

Reaction score
It isn't the manufacturer that said by a new one it's too he third party seller that said that and they said they don't ever fix them they just replace them out righ...