Need help with camera install

5.56guy

n3wb
Reaction score
FNG here, love the site and look forward to learning more on camera systems.

After talking to Andy and explaining what I wanted to do, ordered a IPC-color4k-T180. My original idea was to use the camera for drive way alerts and keep an eye on some buildings, if motion was detected, it could send me a msg to my cell phone.

I installed a Netgear GS108LP unmanaged switch to power the T180, ran my cat6 cable, installed the cam and connected everything. Downloaded the DMSS app on my phone and can't connect to the camera no matter what I try.

That got me to thinking, I really need to see the images from my desktop for adjustments vs the tiny screen on my phone. Do I need to get a nvr for that or can I run a cable from the unmanaged switch to my desktop a view it then? I still want the ability to get notices of movement sent to my phone.

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Open up a web browser, preferably Internet Explorer, and type in the IP address of the camera and put in the username and password and then you are into the camera GUI that will give you many more options to fine tune it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How did you set up the camera initially?

The default address is 192.168.1.108, so if your home LAN is 192.168.1.xxx, then simply go to 192.168.1.108

If you had to use P2P or QR code to set it up, then you will need to log in to your router and find what IP address the camera was given. And then make it a static IP address so it doesn't change.

5.56guy

n3wb
Reaction score
It hasn't been setup yet, that I know of. I tried the qr code with my phone but didn't get anywhere.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OH ok, then here is how to set it up:

You can use the IPconfig tool or do this:

The default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1672063957334.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER (needs to be Explorer and not Edge or Chrome with IE tab) and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it your country and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera IP address to the range of your system and hit save.

You will then lose the camera connection.

Then reverse the process to put your computer back on your network IP address range.

Next open up INTERNET EXPLORER and type in the new IP address that you just gave the camera to access it.

OR use the IPconfig Tool, but most of us prefer the above as it is one less program needed and one less chance for the cameras to phone home or for something to get screwed up.

5.56guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, got it setup after running a cable from the unmanaged switch to my router. I'm using easyviewer plus as the phone app. Still playing around with the setting but the image seems to be nice. Haven't figured out how to make a motion detection alarm send a notice to my phone.