Need help with China made PTZ cam

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased a PTZ camera from Banggood.com. It is a Hiseeu brand (hiseeu.com). I use Ip Cam Viewer for my android phone remote viewing and Sighthound Video to record cameras at home. I am able to setup and see it with no problem in Sighthound. My problem is in Ip Cam Viewer. I can get to the point that I can see it on the app. But no PTZ function or audio. IP Cam Viewer does not have Hiseeu as a brand. So I let it scan and it found ICSee cameras (along with others). So I choose to use ICSee.

I port forward to port 80 and get nothing from the camera. Cant connect.

I have to port forward the camera to 554 and can get a picture. But no PTZ Using ICSee Camera (RTSP)

I port forward to 8899 and the ICSEE Camera dosnt work. If I change the camera to a ONVIF camera I get a error messge of "Device RTSP port is not accessible" when port forward to 8899. And nothing when port forward to 554 or 80

When setting it up in sighthound it found it as H264 XM530_RA50X20_8M

I have attached some screen shots from camera ONVIF Device Manager, of my router port forward rules, Ip Cam Viewer setup pages, and of a sighthound setup page.

Any help would be great

Thanks

.Here is a link to Banggood where I got the camera Banggood link

Attachments

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think this is a a xiongmai xmeye ..

I dont have ipcamviewer but u can try Cantonk port 34567.

in BI it detects as IPC,CantonK and works straight out of the box.

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The app it wants me to use is ICSee from Google play store. It is listed as a ONVIF camera. So should work with IP Cam Viewer

I think this is a a xiongmai xmeye ..

I dont have ipcamviewer but u can try Cantonk port 34567.

in BI it detects as IPC,CantonK and works straight out of the box.
Didnt work in Ip Cam Viewer

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using ODM and you click on "Live video", what is the URL at bottom?
Here is the stream info. (pic attached)

rtsp:/192.168.1.78:554/user=admin_password=tlJwpbo6_channel=0_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

I also loaded a free/demo app on my android phone called Onvifer Onvif IP Camera Monitor from the app store. (see picture) It configured the camera automatically and gave me instructions on port forwarding. Wants me to forward 3 different ports for camera to work from WAN. (instructions it gave me are below) I havent try to forward all the ports, dont really want to. But i do have PTZ control from within the app.

Test results:
Video streaming: success.
Your device supports the highly recommended RTSP over HTTP! Excellent choice! You may save this device now (click the save button on the action bar).

Required ports:
ONVIF Services: 8899
RTSP: 554
Snapshot: 80
Please ensure these ports are forwarded properly if you intend to have WAN access.
The public IP for WAN access:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
We recommend using DDNS instead of this IP address if possible.
The information has been copied to the clipboard for your convenience.

WAN Access
If you would like to access this ONVIF device outside your LAN (e.g. via a mobile connection, Wi-Fi hotspot), please follow the below instructions for WAN access configuration.
If you have only one ONVIF device:
1. Configure your router to forward external port 8899 to the ONVIF Device (192.168.1.78) ONVIF port 8899:
8899 -> 8899
2. Configure your router to forward external port 554 to the ONVIF Device (192.168.1.78) RTSP port 554:
554 -> 554
3. Configure your router to forward external port 80 to the ONVIF Device (192.168.1.78) snapshot port 80:
80 -> 80
4. In this app, add a new ONVIF device by using the WAN access address:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx: 8899, and make sure everything works.
5. Unless the public IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is static, please set up DDNS for your router, and replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xx with the obtained DDNS address.

If more than one ONVIF devices need WAN access:
1. Configure your router to forward external port 60078 to the ONVIF Device (192.168.1.78) ONVIF port 8899:
60078 -> 8899
2. Configure your router to forward external port 50078 to the ONVIF Device (192.168.1.78) RTSP port 554. On the setup screen of this app, overwrite the RTSP port with50078:
50078 -> 554
3. Configure your router to forward external port 40078 to the ONVIF Device (192.168.1.78) snapshot port 80. On the setup screen of the this app, overwrite the snapshot port with 40078:
40078 -> 80
4. In this app, add a new ONVIF device by using the WAN access address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:60078, and make sure everything works.
5. Unless the public IP:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is static, please set up DDNS for your router, and replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xx with the obtained DDNS address.

Please feel free to use external ports different than the suggested ones.
If you configure WAN access for multiple ONVIF devices, you must choose different external ports for different devices.
The information has been copied to the clipboard for your convenience.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a couple of caveats, and both are important (sorry to be such as "Debbie Downer")......

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Didn't xiongmai xmeye have an anti-botnet botnet going around that bricked some of these things? DOH! linked above:banghead: