Need help with install EZVIZ DB1 and mechanical chime

gena_mak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I just installed my new EZVIZ DB1 doorbell and it works just fine, streaming over wifi, detects movements, ringing on my phone when someone presses the button.
However, my old mechanical chime doesn’t work. The chime works fine by itself when I ring it from my back door button but, it does not work when I press EZVIZ DB1.
I installed new transformer with enough power as pictured.
Please, take a look at the pictures, may be I did not hook up the power kit correctly.
thank you,
Gena

Attachments

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I just installed my new EZVIZ DB1 doorbell and it works just fine, streaming over wifi, detects movements, ringing on my phone when someone presses the button.
However, my old mechanical chime doesn’t work. The chime works fine by itself when I ring it from my back door button but, it does not work when I press EZVIZ DB1.
I installed new transformer with enough power as pictured.
Please, take a look at the pictures, may be I did not hook up the power kit correctly.
thank you,
Gena
So I am going to point you to our Thread, you will find Install info in our Doorbell 101

To get Mech. Chime to work during install/setup in the App did you pick Mech. Chime?

1626468449224.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the original wiring. Just a guess, but based on the photo I'd say the "trans" connection is more than likely the upper left screw. Can you explain what each terminal/wire is, IE front door, back door, transformer?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you know you have correctly wired your Chime and still have issues, you may want to check out the below fixes from our 101:

⦁ If your Chime has suddenly stopped working (2020) - TechBill, TechBill - misally

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I made a post for a similar problem here today. Review: EZVIZ DB1C . maybe someone might post if they have seen this before and know the fix.

wannabe

n3wb
Reaction score
had an interesting experience today. The alarm company, an ADT dealer, installed a brand new unopened new box made in 12/2020 DB1 to replace the old. The doorbell chime did not work regardless what we did. Came back an hour later to decide what to do, and it was working to ring the inside chime without any changes from our side. This leaves only two conclusions after all the troubleshooting on the old one and the new one. Either (A) there is a battery of some kind internally that must charge to make the mechanical chime work, that failed in the old DB1, or, (B) There is a server side setting on the Cloud with the account that needs to configure, sync, and push down to the doorbell. I asked Ezviz about the latter but have not heard back. I could not find a video or image of a DB1 etc that was opened so I don't know if there is a battery in it. Supposedly no but the alarm tech told me after speaking with their head technician, that often DB1's take about an hour to start working a chime when new. This also supports (A) or (B) above.