Need Help With Multiple NVR's

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am playing around with a second NVR, and im having an issue. When i add the second NVR to IVMS-4500 on my phone, it works fine as a local connection. But, when i set it up as a remote connection using my DDNS, thats when things get weird. That second connection will receive the feed from the first NVR!!! Now, both NVR's have their own IP address, and i set up a port forwarding rule in my router for each of them. NVR 1 has an IP of 10.0.0.81, and i forward port 8081 to internal 8000. NVR 2 has an IP of 10.0.0.82, and i forward port 8082 to internal 8000. Yes i have made sure i used the correct port number in IVMS-4500. When i save the device settings, it even reflects the correct number of cameras that are connected to NVR 2. So i know it is communicating with it. My assumption is that the issue is related to the RTSP port. I do have the RTSP port 554 opened up for NVR 1, but my router wont let me open the same port for multiple IP addresses. And, IVMS-4500 wont let me specify a RTSP port which means i cant change it at the NVR. So, how do i go about having more than 1 NVR, and viewing them in IVMS-4500???

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have three nvrs on iVMS and not had a problem
Are you using the hik connect account to live view?
For the hic connect account each nvr is registered with its own code
Unup on the nvr will have to be on ( but the cameras turn unup off )
It will also ask for the encryption code to be set
That’s on the bottom of the nvr or called device code and all of this is set up with the latest firmware
On the nvr
I then when we are away log into my account tap nvr1 or nvr 2 or nvr3 and see the feeds

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Also check your gate way is set up correctly on the nvr either 192.168.1.1 if that’s your router gate way
Or 8.8.8.8

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no i am not using the P2P method, hence the port forwarding... also, 8.8.8.8 is not a gateway, it is a DNS server address. and yes, all my network settings are set properly

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no i am not using the P2P method, hence the port forwarding... also, 8.8.8.8 is not a gateway, it is a DNS server address. and yes, all my network settings are set properly
the video is passing on 554...you need to properly forward the rtsp port (you can simply change it to 8554 on the second unit)....that said, port forwarding is a fools errand...search hikvision hacked.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I realize port forwarding is not the safest these days. What I don’t understand is, your suggesting that I change the RTSP port number in the second NVR? If I do that, how does the app know where to find the feed? Isn’t the app looking at 554? I can’t change that. It’s built into the app. The server port is the only thing I can specify

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I realize port forwarding is not the safest these days. What I don’t understand is, your suggesting that I change the RTSP port number in the second NVR? If I do that, how does the app know where to find the feed? Isn’t the app looking at 554? I can’t change that. It’s built into the app. The server port is the only thing I can specify
it will find it...the port does not have to be 554...change it in the NVR...its not that its not the safest, its is almost guaranteed to be hacked at some level in the future....hopefully its not installed on the same network as any personal or sensitive data.