Need help with my camera

Iisaak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Video here:
I have a Ubiquiti G3 camera, my car got scrathed by a random person, which my camera had some issues with to capture.

I live in Greenland, so theres alot of snow, i am wondering if it is the snow which causes the issue where i cannot see the person. Any tips for getting better quality?

Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Nasty!
On Hikvision cameras, that 'motion ghosting' can be caused by too high a value for what Hikvision call DNR (digital noise reduction).
As I believe that's a sensor function, it may be the same cause on your G3 camera.

Iisaak

n3wb
Reaction score
Nasty!
On Hikvision cameras, that 'motion ghosting' can be caused by too high a value for what Hikvision call DNR (digital noise reduction).
As I believe that's a sensor function, it may be the same cause on your G3 camera.
Yeah, it is.

Okay, so you are saying that Hikvision cameras can handle this better?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No, he is saying to look for the digital noise reduction setting and crank it down until people walking outside are sharp, not ghosts.

(though I wouldn't be surprised if Hikvision cameras handle this better)

In the end, the video could have been sharp as a tack and you still wouldn't be able to identify that person with such a wide angle and so far away.

Iisaak

n3wb
Reaction score
No, he is saying to look for the digital noise reduction setting and crank it down until people walking outside are sharp, not ghosts.

(though I wouldn't be surprised if Hikvision cameras handle this better)

In the end, the video could have been sharp as a tack and you still wouldn't be able to identify that person with such a wide angle and so far away.
Ooh, okay. Thanks.

Yeah, but i don't know if ubiquitit has this option. I see also that i posted this on wrong page.

Do you know which cable i can use for a distance og like 30 meters? i am considering to move it closer to the car.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Any proper cat5e or cat6 should be fine (the spec allow up to 100 meters, though people have exceeded that with success too). If you're going to buy a new cable, make sure it uses solid copper wire, not CCA (copper-clad aluminum).

Iisaak

n3wb
Reaction score
Any proper cat5e or cat6 should be fine (the spec allow up to 100 meters, though people have exceeded that with success too). If you're going to buy a new cable, make sure it uses solid copper wire, not CCA (copper-clad aluminum).
Okay, many thanks for the tips.