Need help with which driver to grab to stop memory leak

outdoorman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a 20 camera setup that has been running well for the past couple years, until last week. Now the issue is that camera feeds through the GUI will lock up upon motion. Also, periodically they drop connection and reconnect. I looked through to make sure my settings were good and tried to follow the wiki so it would correct any issues. Motion stutters and images freeze when they detect motion.

How do I go about troubleshooting the issue?

One thing I noticed in the messages status was a Object NVDEC and Message Setup failed: 483 for 'h264"

When I turn off Nvidia Cuda decoding the cameras seem to work better, but my RAM climbs.

RAM seems to be running away, so must have a memory leak. Running Intel Xeon CPU E3-1230 v5 @3.40 GHz. Which driver do I need to get in the wiki?

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your CPU doesn't have any GPU built in. So, it's whatever driver for your NVIDIA card. You didn't mention what it was.

outdoorman

n3wb
Reaction score
Your CPU doesn't have any GPU built in. So, it's whatever driver for your NVIDIA card. You didn't mention what it was.
Looks like I have the memory leak on the graphics card. It is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050. Where should I look for a good driver for it?

Current driver is 23.21.13.88.13 dated 10/27/2017

EDIT: Looks like it normalized and is not climbing, I will keep an eye on it though.

Last edited: