Need NVR with LPR firmware

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Mates,

I am looking to buy an NVR with built in LPR firmware. I have a Dauha
IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 that i will be using it with along with 6 other cameras.

Any help would be nice. I have use Openlpr looking to go the NVR route.

thanks.
@steve9380 NVR's like Dahua's NVR5216-16P-4KS2 feature ANPR functionality but I believe that it only works if it detects ANPR cameras such as Dahua's ITC237-PU1B-IR.

In fact although the manual doesn't call out the need, the data sheet does. Here is the excerpt from the data sheet:

'ANPR
Automatic Number Plate Recognition available for convenient entrance/ exit management. Support license plate recognition(working with Dahua ITC camera), black/white list import/export, add/delete B/W list number, search result from recorded video.'

Therefore I'm not sure you could use an NVR with a 'standard' cam unless you went with something like a BlueIris and passed the feed out to OpenALPR or run OpenALPR locally which takes some config.

HTH

Graatz

n3wb
Reaction score
I use ITC237-PU1B-IR U can use it through web-interface. And through 5xxxx or 6xx recorder

Feel free to ask any questions

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I use ITC237-PU1B-IR U can use it through web-interface. And through 5xxxx or 6xx recorder

Feel free to ask any questions
@Graatz do you need any special Software to make this camera working out? You are in USA? I am thinking to get one of this to test soon.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Graatz do you need any special Software to make this camera working out? You are in USA? I am thinking to get one of this to test soon.
@EMPIRETECANDY this is what I was mentioning in our conversation @Graatz I was thinking about testing this so would be very interested in where the processing is being completed in this scenario. My understanding of the ITC cams is that they can process in camera or instead let the NVR do the heavy lifting but that the NVR functionality ONLY works with an ITC cam detected. My understanding was also that no license or extra SW was needed to enable this, @Graatz can you confirm this ?

Thanks

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY this is what I was mentioning in our conversation @Graatz I was thinking about testing this so would be very interested in where the processing is being completed in this scenario. My understanding of the ITC cams is that they can process in camera or instead let the NVR do the heavy lifting but that the NVR functionality ONLY works with an ITC cam detected. My understanding was also that no license or extra SW was needed to enable this, @Graatz can you confirm this ?

Thanks
Yes,from @Graatz 's post, seems can work. But have to wait his reply. Last time dahua guy told me have to use with some software/FIRMWARE, not suit for all countries.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY yes it could be that in the case of ITC cams that country specific firmware is needed that may limit its availability to Dahua in country, for example US cams with US firmware etc. Hopefully @Graatz may be able to provide more info on this. Thanks

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY yes it could be that in the case of ITC cams that country specific firmware is needed that may limit its availability to Dahua in country, for example US cams with US firmware etc. Hopefully @Graatz may be able to provide more info on this. Thanks
If just firmware, that is not be a problem for us. We can get any firmware.

Graatz

n3wb
Reaction score
In the camera you can assing for what region the algorithm should work best (it comes with the firmware).

DSS Express has ANPR for free (for as far as I know), but it is from Dahua, so it works with Dahua ( ITC ) camera only I think.

There is a russian site Mallenom.com . You can use almost any camera for ANPR (but a camera for ANPR needs good IR and high shutter time etc..)

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
T
In the camera you can assing for what region the algorithm should work best (it comes with the firmware).

DSS Express has ANPR for free (for as far as I know), but it is from Dahua, so it works with Dahua ( ITC ) camera only I think.

There is a russian site Mallenom.com . You can use almost any camera for ANPR (but a camera for ANPR needs good IR and high shutter time etc..)
Thanks, so this camera can work only with special country license plate system right? DAHUA guys told us this, So just double check with you, thank you!

Graatz

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the "country" indication makes that the camera can see if it is "cyrillic" (russian) or EU tekst. It can also determinate if it is German, or Polish, or Dutch numberplate. See pictures.

In China they have many more models (only in Chinese). In DSS Pro you can even learn a chinese camera Dutch dialect ;-). So you can edit the outcome and the camera will learn. It even reads the phonenumbers and commercial tekst from the vehicles. And it can see if it is a car or a cycle.
Next you can see if seatbelt is on, phoning, sunprotector down, woman or man driving, age etc...

IMO, for US there is al lot of tekst on the plate, like personlised, and state info. So there is some work to do for the camera and the software.

Attachments

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you, i will grab 1 for testing at USA, seems Europe can work well. @Crazykiller Please can check this.
As far as I’ve tested a normal ITC won’t work with NVR only for ANPR. I think the processing is done in the cam as it’s mentioned in it‘s spec sheet. The NVR only does support the configuration, AI etc. if an ANPR cam is recognized. Like it’s done for IVS if an IVS cam is connected.
Hot spot, crowding, people counting etc. also only works with cams which have these features build in.

@EMPIRETECANDY of course I would be willing testing the ITC. As I’ve seen there’s only different firmware for different regions. You may check this at your download server at Dahua.
For example http://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/Ostatni/ITC237/Firmware/General_ITC237-PU1B(PW1B)-IR(IRZ)(L)_Eng_PN_Oversea_Europe_V2.622.0000000.1.R.181114.bin.zip
Of course I’d prefer the DH firmware if it’s available

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
As far as I’ve tested a normal ITC won’t work with NVR only for ANPR. I think the processing is done in the cam as it’s mentioned in it‘s spec sheet. The NVR only does support the configuration, AI etc. if an ANPR cam is recognized. Like it’s done for IVS if an IVS cam is connected.
Hot spot, crowding, people counting etc. also only works with cams which have these features build in.

@EMPIRETECANDY of course I would be willing testing the ITC. As I’ve seen there’s only different firmware for different regions. You may check this at your download server at Dahua.
For example http://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/Ostatni/ITC237/Firmware/General_ITC237-PU1B(PW1B)-IR(IRZ)(L)_Eng_PN_Oversea_Europe_V2.622.0000000.1.R.181114.bin.zip
Of course I’d prefer the DH firmware if it’s available
ITC237-PU1B-IR U this one is going to be replaced by a new model, i am waiting them to send me a new model to check.

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In China they have many more models (only in Chinese). In DSS Pro you can even learn a chinese camera Dutch dialect ;-). So you can edit the outcome and the camera will learn. It even reads the phonenumbers and commercial tekst from the vehicles. And it can see if it is a car or a cycle.
Next you can see if seatbelt is on, phoning, sunprotector down, woman or man driving, age etc...
Where can you get the Download link for dss pro/express? I can only find the download for dss professional.
Also, How much does it cost, if anything and where did you get it?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ITC237-PU1B-IR U this one is going to be replaced by a new model, i am waiting them to send me a new model to check.
Hopefully it gets same or better technical specifications as the ITC237. I like the possibility to capture plates in 40m distance. The smaller ones only give you 8m.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hopefully it gets same or better technical specifications as the ITC237. I like the possibility to capture plates in 40m distance. The smaller ones only give you 8m.
As checked i can get all FW for EU and North American, so should be OK, not sure if USA and Canada use the same system?
These 3 will be the new one to go.
upload_2019-3-7_14-22-1.png

Graatz

n3wb
Reaction score
DSS Express is the follow up for Smart PSS and is for free. DSS Pro you can buy licence, 128, 256 5000 channels, and seperate license for Face Recognition and ANPR.

128 Channel licensen about 2500 euro's for the end-customer (only pay once).