Need openALPR help to solve crime

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I have been reading just about everything on this site about the LPR set ups and it helped me to get up and running FAST!!!

I ran cat5 on Fri.
Installed Camera Sat.
Configured openALPR on Sunday.
Robbery in the Neighborhood Monday. : (

They stole my neighbors hoverboard. I have the footage from the mailbox camera (Hikvision DS-2CD2E20F 2.8mm 2mp) showing the car pretty well. It looks like a red Honda CX-5 with Georgia Plates - UGA License plate DOG131 ?? The APD are saying that plate doesn't exist, but aren't really trying to solve the case. The camera is getting about 12 FPS according to openALPR and it has grabbed a few plates today, but it looks like it missed this one.

I tried to feed in the video extracted from BI back into the openALPR agent as the test loop, but nothing plays. It only says "Waiting for video". The video was converted from BI .bvr to a 10mb mp4. Any thoughts? It has been very accurate with the other plates (8 captures out maybe 10-12 cars) and I would love to get openALPR's opinion and options, so I can get APD to run them all.

Let me know if any one has any thoughts. I would love to hear any and all feedback. I have larger resolution video etc I can share.

Thanks in Advance,
Smith

vlcsnap-2018-04-16-17h58m11s892.png

sdc888

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like D06I31 to me - one thing I've done in the past on plates that was helpful is I ran my video in VLC and had it export all of the still images - let's you find the right frame with the best zoom.

Where is your camera mounted? Mailbox? Is it hidden?

suddenstop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I would try and get the best images you can and try and identify by eye. if you can post a couple full resolution pics that would help.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully that's a varifocal camera. You need to zoom in a bit. EDIT: oops it's not. a 2.8mm camera isn't well suited to LPR even mounted on your mailbox.

What camera is that? Looks like it needs some other adjustments especially turning down noise reduction and sharpness a bit.