Need recommendation for RF or network link (remote doorbell switch)

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I need to connect a chime, just to alert when someone press a button at a distance gate (flush mounted button for security reasons). No need for video, just to activate a relay (chime) when someone press a button (n/o contact) at the gate. Not at this particular site, but used before the Dakota Alert 2500 series transmitter (433Mhz), which includes DCR-2500 + UT-2500. Those items are no longer available, being replaced by the 4000 Series. The reviews for this new series are not that great. Any other brand recommendation?

Also, had anyone know of a network communicator transmitter (like a doorbell without video), with a contact relay at the other end (chime location)? I have a network link (Loco M5) near the gate as well. In case my only option is a network doorbell (no WiFi), any recommendation for one with optional wifi chime?
Edit: a network chime, but not sure if available

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a network link (Loco M5) near the gate as well. In case my only option is a network doorbell (no WiFi), any recommendation for one with optional wifi chime?
Edit: a network chime, but not sure if available
A button press on a $20 Shelly1 Wi-Fi relay in one location can trigger another Shelly1 on the same Wi-Fi network at another location to close a relay and sound a chime. Read more in the attached PDF file found here ==>> Simple Blue Iris I/O using Shelly1 Wi-Fi Devices

Just treat the input to Blue Iris as the button press at the gate and the output from Blue Iris to activate the remote chime and configure the two Shelly1's accordingly.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A button press on a $20 Shelly1 Wi-Fi relay in one location can trigger another Shelly1 on the same Wi-Fi network at another location to close a relay and sound a chime. Read more in the attached PDF file found here ==>> Simple Blue Iris I/O using Shelly1 Wi-Fi Devices

Just treat the input to Blue Iris as the button press at the gate and the output from Blue Iris to activate the remote chime and configure the two Shelly1's accordingly.
valuable info, thanks for sharing. In my case, since I only have access through a network LAN (loco m5 bridge), I will need a Shelly with LAN connection at both ends (input Shelly directly to loco-m tx, while another Shelly at loco-m rx switch). Any option to add network connectivity to the Shelly? I see they offer the Shelly PRO series , which includes LAN, but not sure if available in USA

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In my case, since I only have access through a network LAN (loco m5 bridge), I will need a Shelly with LAN connection at both ends (input Shelly directly to loco-m tx, while another Shelly at loco-m rx switch)
Should be no problem!
I see they offer the Shelly PRO series , which includes LAN, but not sure if available in USA
They do and it's in stock at Shelly Shop USA.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
TonyR, you made my day. Being testing the Pro series, as your recommendation for the Shelly products, the possibilities are endless. No need for a hub, while adding a din-rail + network within the power panel, allows you for using the same switches installed in your house. Will look to take advantage of the sale. Thanks again