Need some help figuring out an issue.

qjschum

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a Hikvision NVR (Model Number DS-7616NI-E2) and yesterday I added two Hikvison Dome Cameras Model Numbers of DS-2CD3132F-IWS Firmware of 5.3.3. I used the SDAP tool assign the appropriate gateway and IP Address ( I am not a GRU with IP Addresses) and then set them to WIFI and then rebooted and everything was working fine until I mounted them. I mounted one in my driveway and one in my garage. The garage camera will work for 5 minutes and then the NVR goes to no link and then it says the network is unreachable and when I try to login to the IP address it says Network Abnormal. Any ideas on how to fix this? I had some cheap ONIF cameras in the garage before these new ones and the connection was fine. I believe the firmware of the NVR is 3.0. Thank you in advance for any support.

Quentin

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like your wifi connection isn't strong enough. The Hikvision cameras don't have external antennas and I personally find the wifi range woeful (but in the UK we have brick walls everywhere).

Bring them back inside and if they start working, it's that.

qjschum

n3wb
Reaction score
The driveway camera is far away from the router and I have repeaters through out the house. The driveway camera is mounted on the garage so I do not belive it is the WIFI.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can lead a horse to water...

I suppose it could be a solar flare. Little bit more difficult to test though.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The driveway camera is far away from the router ... so I do not belive it is the WIFI.
I think I may have reduced your post to its essentials. To test your logic and Del Boy's advice, bring the cameras back close to your router and see if they work better.

Your previous cheapo cams may easily have had better wifi than these ones.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Del Boy is right, solar flares and sun outages will get you everytime. Good luck trouble shooting. While you wait on the sun outages to pass, I'd trying moving the cameras closer to the main router as to not rely on the repeaters and see how they work. Also assure you didn't assign an IP of another device in the home.

Last edited by a moderator:

CAMMANDQ

n3wb
Reaction score
It's possible that your issues are not wifi related. Do you have DHCP enabled on your NVR? I use DHCP on most of my network, but have assigned the NVR a static IP outside the range of DHCP. The router was putting other devices on the network on the old static IP of the NVR and kicking off my cameras, Zero-Degrees is mentioning this issue above, just wanted to share my experience. I was getting the "Network Abnormal" error as well. Fixing the IP of the NVR put everything back online.