Need some help with Clip viewer

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question 1

Hello , I have been using blue Iris for many years now. I recently started having an issue with the clip viewer thats located on the right-hand side of the BI software , this is the little menu bar that shows alerts new and stored images. It is no longer their it is like it just disappeared. I have tried everything to get it to show back up nothing has worked. I finally broke down and emailed support for BI this is what they told me

Hello Ryan,

You may have "minimized" it. There is an icon at the top/right of the camera window area to bring it back.

If that is missing, please check the setting on the Admin user and make sure it is not set to not show clips. You can check this on Options/Users.

Tried what they told me still not showing up anyone have any other ideas of why it's not showing up?

Question 2

So if you go to the options menu then the users tap , then click on a user you would like to edit their is a option for LAN only. Is there anyway to put this on a schedule for example 8 AM to 6 PM and have it Unchecked, Then say from 6 to 8am have it checked so no one can access BI on the WAN? Only the LAN. My goal here is to schedule times to restrict WAN access. Is this possible?

im running win 10 with BI 4471

MrGadget

n3wb
Reaction score
When the "Clips" window is closed, do you now see the word "Clips" on the top-right side of the "Cameras" window, or is that gone too?

For the LAN/WAN restriction, I don't know. I know profiles can take you part way, but I don't think there is a canned option for LAN vs WAN. That might be a customization.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question 1

Hello , I have been using blue Iris for many years now. I recently started having an issue with the clip viewer thats located on the right-hand side of the BI software , this is the little menu bar that shows alerts new and stored images. It is no longer their it is like it just disappeared. I have tried everything to get it to show back up nothing has worked. I finally broke down and emailed support for BI this is what they told me

Hello Ryan,

You may have "minimized" it. There is an icon at the top/right of the camera window area to bring it back.

If that is missing, please check the setting on the Admin user and make sure it is not set to not show clips. You can check this on
Options/Users.

Tried what they told me still not showing up anyone have any other ideas of why it's not showing up?

Question 2

So if you go to the options menu then the users tap , then click on a user you would like to edit their is a option for LAN only. Is there anyway to put this on a schedule for example 8 AM to 6 PM and have it Unchecked, Then say from 6 to 8am have it checked so no one can access BI on the WAN? Only the LAN. My goal here is to schedule times to restrict WAN access. Is this possible?

im running win 10 with BI 4471

You probably figured this out by now, but I had the same issue. I had disabled the "View Recorded Clips" option in the default admin user account. As soon as I checked that box, the word "CLIPS" appeared in the top right for me to expand. Make sure you enable this in the main user acct.

Last edited:

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You probably figured this out by now, but I had the same issue. I had disabled the "View Recorded Clips" option in the default admin user account. As soon as I checked that box, the words "CLIPS" appeared in the top right for me to expand. Make sure you enable this in the main user acct.
Yes I did figure it out but thanks for the post.