Need some help with recording settings

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I been a BI user for couple of years, very happy with the software, and specially the community that helps a ton into such a tweakable program.

I used to run purely motion recording in all my 8 cameras, and they have worked great, i have cough the steeling of the water counter and gave it to the police though not much came out of it, but i like i could do it, felt good knowing what, how and when it happened. But due to the motion styled recording setup i use, i did miss some time, and i know its a limitation into how i have it setup, so i want to move 2 cameras into contentious recording, at least the two that are outside the house (monitoring the street), personally i feel its better as there are so many events that the cameras are recording most of the time, they just skip some time due to the nature of the setup.

So i come to you guys into what do you guys recommend? should i go direct to disk or just plain continuous? i read that direct to disk does save some resources but i would lose the live checking videos on this cameras while the video is being recorded. Atm the setup on my signature usually is at 25% cpu most of the time, with spikes toward 50% when multiple events happen, so resource wise i don't think im that tight, but i also value lower consumption as this setup is running 24/7. Any other gains or restrictions into going direct to disk, atm im more thinking on going standard recording but im not sure its recommend.

Thanks for your time, suggestions and advise.

Take care,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will not lose the ability to review video while the clip is recording if you use direct to disk. All you lose is the overlays and the ability to rotate the image within blue iris.