Need some input on add on cams--suggestions

jennajon

n3wb
Reaction score
First off, kudos and well done to Blue Iris 4 - 64 bit!!

I had one Logitech 700i outdoor camera goes toes up, so its time to replace. I need an outdoor cam with IR capabilities, ABLE TO WORK SEAMLESSLY WITH BLUE IRIS 4 64 BIT, able to work Ethernet POE (no dedicated electrical outlet nearby) and must be able to be mounted under an eave at a 90 degree angle.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks again to the developers of Blue Iris and all the knowledgeable posters here on the forums.
Happy Holidays!

Jenna

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
The thanks goes to Ken at blue iris :) we dont do anything other than maintain the forum.
Are there any specific features you are looking for? Audio, SD card?
IF you just need video, the hikvision 2332 turret camera is the way to go. If you need a wide angle, get the 2.8mm lens. This will give you about 100 degrees of view (in 2mp mode)..The logitech had a 130 degree field of view which was very wide..they dont really make cams like that any more...but you will be fine with the hikvision..the image quality at 3mp will be WAY better...

jennajon

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman:

THANK YOU for the suggestion!! Just bought 2 one of the 2.8mm and one of the 3mp for a reasonable price. Will begin to replace all outdoor Logitech with these cams, since I am well aware of the Murphy's Law regarding hardware failure.:shame:

Will post update of performance and review once arrived and installed.

THANK YOU again for the quick reply and great suggestion.

Bless. :D

Jenna

Welcome to the forum!
The thanks goes to Ken at blue iris :) we dont do anything other than maintain the forum.
Are there any specific features you are looking for? Audio, SD card?
IF you just need video, the hikvision 2332 turret camera is the way to go. If you need a wide angle, get the 2.8mm lens. This will give you about 100 degrees of view (in 2mp mode)..The logitech had a 130 degree field of view which was very wide..they dont really make cams like that any more...but you will be fine with the hikvision..the image quality at 3mp will be WAY better...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great. I just want to clarify the 2.8mm is the wider lens (vs the default 4mm) and 3mp is the recording resolution. Both the 2.8 and 4mm are 3mp however you can set it to 2mp or 1080p and you get a bit more horizontal field of view. Make sure you ordered from a reputable vendor.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It must be Christmas... for once I 1000000% agree with fenderman :D

Just as a kinda 'point' of interest ... (and with out wishing to attract the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune), if you get a camera mm angle of view wrong and are used to taking stuff apart, then lens swaps are are not rocket science to do)