Need some suggestions on a new setup.

jmart

n3wb
Reaction score
Well after reading on this forum for the last 2 days I think I have somewhat of an idea of what to buy from Andy. Does Andy put together package type deals? So here is where I'm starting:

- 5 Starlight Dahua's ( Can someone recommend a specific model?) I do want 1 PTZ that does auto tracking. I will have 3 in the front of the house, one in the garage, and one in the backyard.

- 3 Dahua 4k cameras ( Any recommendations?) 1 on the far side front of the house an- NVRd 2 on the back of the house on the sides.

- NVR - Dahua 5216-16p-4KS2. I'm going to purchase one WD Purple from Amazon 4TB for now.

- I already have a 1000ft spool of CAT 6 from work (I work in IT)

- I plan on dropping the cable into a closet and make it an IDF for my home networking gear.

- I was thinking if I'm going to view this from a remote room in the house, has anyone use a wireless keyboard and mouse with the NVR and I'm thinking of picking up a wireless HDMI adapter too. Is anyone familiar with the options for that on Amazon? Does it even work with the NVR?

- I attached a picture of what the top of my house looks like. I'm not exactly sure how I will tackle the install of the turret cameras. I was reading the Cliff notes (which is awesome BTW) and not sure if any of the mounts would work. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

Anything that you think I'm missing for my initial Ideas/setup please let me know. I putting together a project plan for myself to make sure I have everything I need.

Thanks for all the help!

house side garage.jpeg

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score