Need to reset password on Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I

Ckerch

n3wb
Reaction score
I was trying move this camera to a VLAN on my network. I had changed this camera to enable DHCP and unfortunately I did not have DHCP setup on the VLAN. When the camera rebooted it set an IP out of the range (something like 162.x.x.x.). When I corrected this error, the camera grabbed a good IP in the VLAN range. However, this for some reason changed my password.

I tried the SADP program and sent an XML file to Hivision but they denied any help and said it was an international model or not a HIKvision. I explained this is a Hikvision and when I purchased it from a US distributor that at that time was a authorised distributor. I have sent the xml file to the international tech support but they also have been any help so it looks like I am out of luck trying to get any help from Hikvision.
I thought I try the reset button but there is none. I have removed both circuit board hoping to find on but no luck. There is a 4 pin connector that has nothing connected to it but not sure of shorting either of those pins would reset. Because I don't have any info on this connector, that will be my last resort.

Running out of ideas of where to go

Carl

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That camera model normally has a small reset button on the board. Maybe have another look?
The 4 pin connector is for the serial console, and the pins should not be shorted together.

What version of firmware is showing in SADP? If it is 5.4.4 or earlier, the password can be extracted from the configuration file using a specific URL.

Ckerch

n3wb
Reaction score
Software version is 5.4.5 build 170123.
When I removed the PC boards from the camera, that gave me the opportunity looked on both sides of the PCB's with a magnifying glass. I was surprised when I could not find one. Thought all cameras had one.
Are there any serial commands I can issue for a reset?
Just noticed your unbrick link. Would you recommend me trying this for my issue?

Thanks for the feedback
Carl

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, with no reset button the easiest way to reset back to defaults is to use the Hikvision tftp updater to apply the same version of firmware as currently installed.
Check the 'Downloads' section of the forum for both of these.